Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro WiFi
CPU
i7 9700
Graphics
Radeon pro wx 7100
Hi Guys,

I had few computers parts at home and i ordered missing parts trying to follow recommendations and i am asking you for tips for the installation which version of macos, if i have to take care about some details etc...

Here is my build :
CPU : i7 9700 (non k)
Ventirad : Noctua NH-L9x65
Motherboard : Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro WiFi (mini itx)
RAM : 2x Corsair vengeance LPX 16Gb 3200mhz cas 16
CG : Radeon pro WX 7100
Case : Fractal Design Node 304
SSD: Samsung Evo
HDD : 1 Random HDD from Toshiba
Alim : Cooler Master SFX 850W - V850 SFX 80+ Gold

Thanks guys for your help !

Hi Guys,

I had few computers parts at home and i ordered missing parts trying to follow recommendations and i am asking you for tips for the installation which version of macos, if i have to take care about some details etc...

Here is my build :
CPU : i7 9700 (non k)
Ventirad : Noctua NH-L9x65
Motherboard : Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro WiFi (mini itx)
RAM : 2x Corsair vengeance LPX 16Gb 3200mhz cas 16
CG : Radeon pro WX 7100
Case : Fractal Design Node 304
SSD: Samsung Evo
HDD : 1 Random HDD from Toshiba
Alim : Cooler Master SFX 850W - V850 SFX 80+ Gold

Thanks guys for your help !
This build should be compatible with MacOS Mojave / Catalina / Big Sur.

But are you sure you want to use that low profile cooler with a (hot) 8 core CPU like the i7 9700?

This build should be compatible with MacOS Mojave / Catalina / Big Sur.

But are you sure you want to use that low profile cooler with a (hot) 8 core CPU like the i7 9700?
Thank you for you reply.
About the cooler i am not really sure about it i was thinking it could be enough, but i still can change do I have to go maybe for a something like a Noctua NH-D15 ?

Also I have a question about the bootloader, which one recommend you for this graphic card, because the seller told who has a Mac Pro told me to go with OpenCore to be able to fully use the CG what's your advice about that ?

Thank you for your help.

Thank you for you reply.
About the cooler i am not really sure about it i was thinking it could be enough, but i still can change do I have to go maybe for a something like a Noctua NH-D15 ?

Also I have a question about the bootloader, which one recommend you for this graphic card, because the seller told who has a Mac Pro told me to go with OpenCore to be able to fully use the CG what's your advice about that ?

Thank you for your help.
If you are going to install and run Big Sur then you have to use OpenCore (or Clover 5124 and later which actually incorporates OpenCore) as older versions of Clover do not support booting Big Sur.

If you want to run Mojave or Catalina you can still use Clover for booting (of course you can also use OpenCore). I use Clover 4920 for Mojave and 5119 for Catalina (the versions included with Unibeast).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back