Contribute
Register

Getting Sleep to Work (h55m-ud2h non-dsdt install).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Self Built
CPU
i3
Graphics
Nvidia 480gtx
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Sorry this post should have been in the desktop support forum.

Ok After at least 30 reinstalls and hours of trial and error I have a working system.

My motherboard is GA-h55m-ud2h with an 480GTX plugged in. There is also an unsupported sound blaster plugged into the board which I am not using anymore. I am concerned that if I tinker arround with sleep stuff that I'll have to do a whole reinstall from scratch and begin down the trial-and-error path again.

What currently happens when I try to put the machine to sleep

Screens go blank. Case still has it's power light on. I assume at this point it's asleep.

To get it to wake I try moving the mouse or keyboard which doesn't work (perhaps a BIOS setting) ? And I have tried to press the case power button, to no avail. I need to cold boot the machine to get out of the mess.

What I want to know:

What do I need to do to get sleep to work ? HPET 64-bit and AHCI are enabled in bios, other than that I don't know if the ACPI is configured correctly so any advice on this would help.

What multibeast settings will get sleep to work ?

Note (see below). User DSDT did not work for me, I am hoping the DSDT approach wasn't the cause of my machine not booting due to any ACPI settings (kext's and such) being applied.

How I configured the machine after install :
------------------------------------------------------

User DSDT approach did not work:

I could not multibeast a h55m-ud2h DSDT onto my machine as it made the machine unbootable without "npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -x" --i.e., safe mode. No amount of tinkering got me past this problem. I can't be sure if I was doing the DSDT multibeast correctly. I just copied the . aml file to the desktop (without renaming) and running multi beast.

What did work :

EasyBeast -> network -> graphics -> audio -> legacy USB (which makes multibeast bork out with kext linkability related errors,even though inate.). And "PCIRootUID=1"

ok I changed the BIOS ACPI mode from S3 -> S1 and my machine sleeps to be sleeping and waking now.

Is it really working, it can't be the that simple. The keyboard and mouse still seem to be getting power (and hence pressing a keyboard button wakes the machine up).

I'll plug in an amp meter and double check this ASAP :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back