AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

I come to you as my new hackintosh is performing pretty bad!

The specs are the following:

Gigabyte - Z68XP-UD3 (Rev 1.3)
Sapphire - ATI Radeon HD6870 - 1024 Mo GDRR5 - PCI-Express
Intel Core i7-2600K
2 x CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Basically, I tried to make myself a nice Hackintosh Pro.

The problem is that when I run some bench tests, the results are horrible (overall when I do launch some heavy apps, I do notice too the mediocre performance).
They were not 2 months ago (I just got back from 2 months out of the country, the computer was off the entire time).

The results are:
Cinebench:
OpenGL : 21,91 fps
CPU: 2,97 pts

They were:
Open GL: 47 fps
CPU: 6,44 pts

Geekbench:

Any ideas what is wrong? How to evaluate possible problems?

Thank you for your help guys!!

Try installing the SSDT from Multibeast.

I have almost the same system and my Geekbench results also suck. Under 6000! Is your Model Id MacPro3,1? And should "About This Mac" list my system as a "Mac Pro Early 2008"? I've got everything working (I think???). Both monitors... It comes out of sleep with no issues. Any suggestions? THANKS!!!!

I have almost the same system and my Geekbench results also suck. Under 6000! Is your Model Id MacPro3,1? And should "About This Mac" list my system as a "Mac Pro Early 2008"? I've got everything working (I think???). Both monitors... It comes out of sleep with no issues. Any suggestions? THANKS!!!!

Did you try the SSDT?

Hey guys,

Problem solved!

It was probably the SSDT. I installed them using Multibeast and the results are now:

Geekbench: 14K
Cinebench:
52 fps
7,41 pts

I can't be sure if it was only the SSDT as I reinstalled Lion over my same HDD (I had a lot of other weird issues). So fresh install over the same HDD so all my apps are there...
Thanks for the help guys!

Should I use the i7 or i7 overclock? I don't even want to think about overclocking till all the bugs are weeded out.

Hey!
I used i7 only (I haven't tried to overclock yet so the decision was pretty clear!). Worked perfectly!

Ok finally got some spare time and I installed the i7 SSDT. My GeekBench is now 12851 which is a huge improvement... I think????

Here are the breakdowns:

Integer - 11310
Floating Point - 19506
Memory - 6396
Stream - 7866

Any suggestions to improve this?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back