Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys, I followed this install guide: viewtopic.php?f=168&t=27595

But skipped the steps for the nvidia stuff. I'm having a range of different freezing issues, happening at random times. Sometimes it happens in the boot screen, sometimes it happens 10 minutes into using it.

It's also sometimes a grey screen with grey vertical stripes, and sometimes a black screen so I don't have any error codes.

I used the latest latest bios version that had a DSDT file for it (8).

This is my hardware:

Intel Core i7 2600k 3.4GHz Socket 1155

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz (Only using 4)

OCZ 60GB Agility 3 SSD - 2.5" SATA-III- (drive i'm using)

PowerColor HD 6870 1GB

Gigabyte Z68X-UD3-B3

Thanks, I'm tearing my hair out here!

I've just had this:

Photo%2028-10-2011%2021%2005%2055.jpg
on the boot screen, then after that tried again, got to the desktop and got a black screen.

I've just done that, and it's still doing the grey screen with vertical lines :(

I've taken a picture of the screen just before login running the -v command, it shows a few kext errors but I'm not sure what they mean/ if they're anything to do with my problem:

Hackintosh.jpg

Try installing NullCPUPowerManagement in Multibeast (located under Drivers->Kexts->Miscellaneous).

I'll give it a try tomorrow, thanks. I'm feeling pretty burnt out at the minute, 2nd day of not being able to get it to stay on. It feels perfect when it works...but then, grey screen with lines.

I just tried my HDMI port before to see if it was anything to do with the graphics card, and got a green screen with vertical lines? If that has any significance. And I tried the 2nd DVI port but that just gave me some kext errors, and the 2nd time I booted with it a blank screen which went to Mac OS as soon as I switched DVI ports.

Is any device hooked up to your USB 3 input ? Try it in a USB 2 input.

yuji22 said:
Is any device hooked up to your USB 3 input ? Try it in a USB 2 input.

I just checked, I have a wireless USB mouse/keyboard dongle in the top right one which says "3x Power USB". The blue "USB 3.0" ones have nothing in them.

Remove the USB dongle and try using a standard USB keyboard and mouse and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back