Contribute
Register

getting proper OpenGL performance from 470 GTX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
since then I re-installed my system with the 10.6.8 upgrade, and installed the 'factory' nvidia driver, after applying nvidia enabler from multi beast. the driver did install itself, but OpenGL performance did not improve.

I still get the same, meager 30-40 fps on the X-Plane application, which produces 80-130 fps on the very same hardware in other OSs (Windows & Linux, respectively)

when looking at the video hardware with system profiler, it sais it's an 'unknown' nvidia card, with 0 VRAM - could this be part of the problem?

What is your computer profiled as? Like MacPro 3,1; 4,1; 5,1; etc.

akosmaroy said:
Zack said:

I didn't install any of these profile packages from MultiBeast, as I don't really know what they are for :)

Have a look at your smbios.plist in /Extra, that will tell you what profile you are using.

Trom said:
akosmaroy said:
Zack said:

I didn't install any of these profile packages from MultiBeast, as I don't really know what they are for :)

Have a look at your smbios.plist in /Extra, that will tell you what profile you are using.

seems to be MacPro 3,1

Hm, since 3,1 doesn't really load AGPM I would think you would get full performance, like I did.
Have a look at the AGPM editing thread and edit your AGPM and change your system profile to 5,1 (edit the AGPM accordingly) and see if you get any results.

So long as you edit AGPM, you can use virtually any system profile except for MacPro3,1 to improve your performance. On Lion, I need to add an AGPM profile to iMac12,1 to improve my Cinebench score from 27fps to 45fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back