Contribute
Register

getting proper OpenGL performance from 470 GTX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
custom
CPU
intel i7
Graphics
nvidia 680GTX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I just installed my MultiBeast machine yesterday, and I'm still getting a feel of it. I tried my favourite flight simulator, X-Plane, on three different platforms on the same hardware: Linux (Ubuntu 11.04 64 bit), Windows (7, 64 bit) and of course MacOS X (10.6.7, 32 bit). I ran X-Plane with the very same settings on all three platforms.

it seems that while on Linux and Windows, I get framerates above 100 (up to 170 on Linux, up to about 130 on Windows), on MacOS X I only get somewhere between 25-35 frames per second. this is with the nvidia driver that comes with MultiBeast.

what is there to be don to unleash the real power of the nVidia card on my hackintosh?

i just upgraded my install from the old multibeast from about 2 months ago to the chimera/new multibeast and the performance of my gtx 470 was cut to 1/10th of what it was.

I have been using it to mine bitcoins (taxes the gpu like nothing else around) and once i switched back to my old install i was back to 82345 khash/sec when i installed the chimera/new multibeast i could only get 6500 khash/second.

something is wrong with the new installers installation methods i think.

jonnynogood said:
i just upgraded my install from the old multibeast from about 2 months ago to the chimera/new multibeast and the performance of my gtx 470 was cut to 1/10th of what it was.

I have been using it to mine bitcoins (taxes the gpu like nothing else around) and once i switched back to my old install i was back to 82345 khash/sec when i installed the chimera/new multibeast i could only get 6500 khash/second.

something is wrong with the new installers installation methods i think.

interesting. how would one get older MultiBeast installs?

not sure i just used my backup disk to get it back to where it was before the upgrade.

jonnynogood said:
not sure i just used my backup disk to get it back to where it was before the upgrade.

and do you have this lying around somewhere still? can't seem to be able to download older versions of multibeast from this site.

BTW, if there are newer packages - how does one generally 'upgrade'?

hmmm very interesting - it would be good to see whats the difference between the two!

sorry you misunderstood me.

I mean the difference between the driver/setup or how it is installed to bring about that huge performance leap.

where can i download older versions of multibeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back