Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am still getting the prohibited sign. I turned on verbose mode and this is where it's hanging.

01 High Sierra.jpg

02 High Sierra.jpg

1. Install the latest clover version on the EFI partition you are booting from.
2. Make sure you have the latest apfs.efi in the EFI drivers64UEFI folder of the above partition. Will work then.

I'm also having the same issue. I noticed that apps.efi was not in my drivers64UEFI directory, so I added it (version dated Jun 7, 2017). Here is the verbose output. any suggestions??

Attachments

• 20170814_094948_resized-1.jpg
    20170814_094948_resized-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 177
  • 20170814_094833_resized-1.jpg
    20170814_094833_resized-1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 180
I had the exact same problem yesterday when starting a new hackintosh project.

I had my Unibeast boot USB 3.0 drive in a USB 3.0 port. I moved it to a USB 3.1 port and it booted normally. Or you could move it to a USB 2.0 port, too. I think I read about needing to make some changes to Unibeast if you were using a USB 3.0 flash drive, but don't remember the specifics.

I had my Unibeast boot USB 3.0 drive in a USB 3.0 port. I moved it to a USB 3.1 port and it booted normally. Or you could move it to a USB 2.0 port, too. I think I read about needing to make some changes to Unibeast if you were using a USB 3.0 flash drive, but don't remember the specifics.
Perfect! Thank you

1. Install the latest clover version on the EFI partition you are booting from.
2. Make sure you have the latest apfs.efi in the EFI drivers64UEFI folder of the above partition. Will work then.

I tried this and it didn't work.

Try Hat-Trick's suggestion. It worked for me.

Major thanks!

Putting my USB 2.0 drive in the USB 3.1 port WORKED!!!

Sadly, my system locked-up when I got to the select a language screen. It might have just been my USB because my keyboard and mouse were unresponsive. I am going to add a USB kext to the USB drive later today.

Thanks again!

Works for me thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back