Register

Getting Prohibited Sign after booting from Clover

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH-CF
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
GTX 1050 TI
Hello everyone, I hope all of you are good and well, but I have a problem I can't solve alone with my hackintosh.

In 2017 I assembled a pc and together with a friend, that is sadly no longer among us, we(actually I just witnessed from the side) installed Clover and with a purchased copy of High Sierra made it run on MacOS, I then relocated in another country from Italy and brought the desktop with me. So far so good, but one day, I don't remember how it crashed or because of me pressing ok on an update by mistake or something the boot loader of clover kept giving me the prohibited sign when I try to start it again.

I honestly don't know what to do, but I wouldn't like to erase everything or sell the pc, since is the last and only "connection" I had with this friend.

I still have the USB with the EFI and VOLUME partitions we used to make it in the first place, but all I know is that I am stucked at the boot menù, it has a very pleasant Christmans vibe on but none of the options depicted as presents leads to any start of the MacOS.

I would very much appreciate any direction or help you could give me.

I have tried to go through the previous post heading my similar problem but following them didn't got me anywhere.

Sincerly

Mettius81

Attachments

• photo_2024-03-03_19-56-24.jpg
    photo_2024-03-03_19-56-24.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 10
Hello everyone, I hope all of you are good and well, but I have a problem I can't solve alone with my hackintosh.

In 2017 I assembled a pc and together with a friend, that is sadly no longer among us, we(actually I just witnessed from the side) installed Clover and with a purchased copy of High Sierra made it run on MacOS, I then relocated in another country from Italy and brought the desktop with me. So far so good, but one day, I don't remember how it crashed or because of me pressing ok on an update by mistake or something the boot loader of clover kept giving me the prohibited sign when I try to start it again.

I honestly don't know what to do, but I wouldn't like to erase everything or sell the pc, since is the last and only "connection" I had with this friend.

I still have the USB with the EFI and VOLUME partitions we used to make it in the first place, but all I know is that I am stucked at the boot menù, it has a very pleasant Christmans vibe on but none of the options depicted as presents leads to any start of the MacOS.

I would very much appreciate any direction or help you could give me.

I have tried to go through the previous post heading my similar problem but following them didn't got me anywhere.

Sincerly

Mettius81
boot verbose to see what the issue is

Thanks mr. Feartech for the attention, wether we get to fix it or not your intervention is giving hope to me, so thank you very much.

Honest question, how or where do I run a boot Verbose?(I know what a Verbose is, but on that screenshot I uploaded before where do you suggest me I should go to get the verbose?

Ok, so I went on the menù boot macOS from HIGH SIERRA, press spacebar and got the menu option of that booter, then checked the verbose boot-args, then went back by pressing ESC and booted macOS from HSIERRA and got a very short Verbose in return

Attachments

• photo_2024-03-04_01-04-19.jpg
    photo_2024-03-04_01-04-19.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 8
  • photo_2024-03-04_01-04-24.jpg
    photo_2024-03-04_01-04-24.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 8
  • photo_2024-03-04_01-04-27.jpg
    photo_2024-03-04_01-04-27.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 7
then went back by pressing ESC and booted macOS from HSIERRA and got a very short Verbose in return
In what way is your monitor connected to the graphics card ? What Port ?

In what way is your monitor connected to the graphics card ? What Port ?
I have connected the Sharp Aquos Quattron 3D to the Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH-CF by hdmi cable, port 1 for the graphic card and port 2 for the monitor

Attachments

• photo_2024-03-04_03-35-45.jpg
    photo_2024-03-04_03-35-45.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 5
  • photo_2024-03-04_03-35-49.jpg
    photo_2024-03-04_03-35-49.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 2
Options :

The CMOS battery in a 2017 computer may have lost its ability to retain a charge and consequently the BIOS settings are no longer retained. This would account for the Christmas theme which only appears at Christmas unless selected in config.plist.

Hardware failure in a drive.

Boot loader updated to a version that is incompatible with an unmodified config.plist.

Software update that is not compatible with the hardware / SMBIOS.

The security certificate ran out on the Nvidia web drivers rendering them invalid.

Options :

The CMOS battery in a 2017 computer may have lost its ability to retain a charge and consequently the BIOS settings are no longer retained.

Hardware failure in a drive.

Boot loader updated to a version that is incompatible with an unmodified config.plist.

Software update that is not compatible with the hardware / SMBIOS.

The security certificate ran out on the Nvidia web drivers rendering them invalid.
ok doc, how would you suggest to proceed to identify the cause so to solve the problem and get the machine back again.

Like are there paths to narrow down the 5 options you came up with?

You know what you did, I don't.

Replace the CMOS battery.
Set BIOS to Optimised Defaults and the correct date / time, then make the necessary adjustments to install / run OS X.

Try booting from your USB instead of the hard drive.

Try booting with the Nvidia drivers disabled (boot argument nv_disable=1)

Try booting to recovery and run First Aid on the drive.

Try booting in Safe mode.

Back