quadro 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I have a Dell Precision 490. It is a dual, dual core 3.2 Ghz Xeon procs (quad total.)

So I have gotten vanilla SL installed using legacy iboot combined with a DSDT which tells it how to recognize the SATA drives. I found the DSDT on insanelymac from someone else who has the same machine.

My Nvidia gt250 is working like a charm thanks to a kext I found as is my rosewill ethernet. I can use -force64 and maxmem=8192 to get full Ram recognition and run 64 bit, but I can't seem to get multibeast to do an install that works for me.

I have followed the blogpost that tells you how to get to what iboot does, but it doesn't seem to work. I just get infinite boot loop (apple screen for a split second then restart.)

I feel like I'm pretty much there with this machine, I just need to get the -force 64 and maxmem codified into a plist and get chameleon working.

Am I right? any thoughts on what I should do next?

Thanks much.

p.s. I should also note that I have successfully performed a combo update to 10.6.4.

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

I'm fairly certain my busratio is 12, but when I type it in using the multibeast install as a boot flag I still get the same result.

Could this have anything to do with the fact that I'm using the "legacy" iboot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back