Contribute
Register

Getting "No Signal Detected" from my monitor, help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3
CPU
i7-2600
Graphics
GTX 570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
Over this last week I've been trying to add a second hard drive to my pc to run Mountain Lion on. Using a virtual machine, no apple's near me, I brought Mountain Lion from the app store, then used UniBeast to set up a 16gb usb with it and MultiBeast, which I named USB. That took my a while to get working, but managed to get it done.
Now after restarting my pc, changing the boot order I get the UniBeast image and I can choose USB.
I select it, takes a second then the grey apple screen appears, loading circle thingy spins, then it goes to a black screen.
Then within a few seconds my monitor gives me a message saying "No Signal Detected".

I have tried searching the forums and I can't seem to find a explanation or solution.

I am running this on

ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3.....Updated the bios to 2.30
Intel Core i7 2600 3.4GHz
16GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
and trying to install Mountain Lion onto a new Western Digital Caviar Green 3.5inch hdd 1TB

Any ideas on what to do to get past this so I can start the installation would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Aj40k

Thanks for the info, going to try the suggestions now, hope its not he cord though, only got 1 monitor at the moment.

Tried the suggestions, GraphicsEnabler=No, -v and -x all resulted in the same 'no signal detected'
PCIRootUID=0 let got me past the no signal, only to be greated by a empty white/grey screen, a few seconds in a multicoloured spinning circle appeared in a top corner, I waited 5minutes and it was still the same screen.

If I didn't wait long enough please inform me, I'll retry but from all the guides I've read/watched, I expect its not the solution.

Bout to try changing to onboard graphics instead at this rate, but the plan is to use editing software, and I really need the graphics card for them.

Try using the on board graphics and see if you can get to the installer then you can know if its your graphics card thats causing the spinning issue.

what do you get if you boot with -v npci=0x2000 or -v npci=0x3000

Tried using the onboard graphics, it would go a black screen after choosing USB, with to errors in the top corner
Error:dcbtable_version1_0
Error:Nvidia ROM patching failed
Then move onto a white/grey screen with an error saying
"You need to restart your computer. Hold down the power button until it turns off, then press the power button again."
in multiple languages, tried restarting, would just hit same error

I also tried trying onboard with GraphicsEnabler=0
It would skip the black screen with the two errors, but still move onto the same white/grey screen telling me to restart.

Ill try the npci=0x2000 and 3000 now, only did plain -v before

-v npci=0x2000 and 3000 both stopped after screens and screens of read HFS+Files at Unable to open /var/db/BootCache/playlist:2 No SuchFile........ I didn't get to right it all down, going to do it a couple more times and get the rest of it. Either way they both stay their for a few seconds, then goes to the 'no signal' and monitor powers off.

After watching it a bit more, the line it pauses at is
BootCacheControl:Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist:2 No such file or directory

after a few seconds bout 7 or so more lines appear but it changes to the 'no signal' before i can read it.
Saw NTFS driver in a few of the lines though. Sorry I cant provide more info, it just disappears so fast.

Did you try
Code:
PCIRooUID=0 -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes
all in one go? Inorder to boot my installer I had to JUST USE PCIRootUID=0, nothing else. No -v etc.

Typing 'PCIRootUID=0 -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes' all in one command did it, thanks for that suggestion, got me through to the choose your language screen, just came back to say thankyou before I started installing, down side my mouse stopping working once at that screen, I'm guessing its due to the usb port it was plugged into. Anyhow, thanks again, and hopefully soon I'll be able to post this as a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back