GTX 570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all,

So I read that the N9003PCe (Rosewill) PCe card works natively with ML. Just installed it and I am getting a network but my internet is incredibly slow and often it can't get an IP address. Under System Information the Status reads that the Network Service is Inactive.

Any help?

Firstly please give us a link what kind of topic you are talking about, if you are asking help you must give more details then just I read it.
For example you could tell us what you've already tried and such.

Quick google gave me this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/99984-no-5ghz-rnwd-n9003pce-buyers-guide.html#post619949

Hold the option key (alt) and press on the wifi icon, it should tell you more details.
You may want to have a look at the 'transmit rate', 54 Mbits or higher is known to an average speed on wifi.

Tell us what kind of wireless network you are trying to connect to, 2.4 or a 5ghz channel and what kind of channel.

If you do have it trying to connect to a 5ghz, you might want to just downgrade it to 2.4 and test it out.
With a dualband 2.4 ghz wireless connection should still be able to get higher than 54Mbits.

Also more details about your usage history would be helpfull, for example if tell us if you get the same slow speeds on other operating systems like windows.
Or is this a new build in a completely new network setup, how far are you from the wireless accesspoint, do other devices have the same problem etc...

These are the most basic debugging questions that came into my mind, if you want help from others you need to be more specific than just slow speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back