CPU
Intel Core i5 9500
Graphics
MSI Radeon RX 570 ARMOR 8G
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Complete and utter Hackintosh novice here and I appear to be in trouble. This is my first build and here are my specs below:

• Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS ELITE
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 9500
  • Graphics: MSI Radeon RX 570 ARMOR 8G
  • NVMe SSD: Samsung 970 EVO plus 500GB (x2)

I’m at my wits end with this problem…I keep getting the prohibitory sign right (“No” circle on black screen) after some error message I can’t understand. I took a photo of the verbose log below. Can someone please help!

IMG_6061.jpg

What I can do:
  • access BIOS
  • Clover Boot loader (sometimes…depends on the USB installer)

Problem:
Can’t get Mac OS installer to load…at all

What I’ve already done:

Originally started with the “UniBeast: Install macOS Catalina on Any Supported Intel-based PC“, but had some problems with the computer not shutting down correctly and being unable to download apps from the App Store. Lurked around on the forum boards here and made some changes that I can’t remember to be honest. After I flagged verbose, I could see the error message.

At one point I thought maybe the problem was the Clover Boot Loader itself conflicting with something, so I went into Disk Utility from the install disk (when I could get that far) and erased the former SSD boot drive. Well, the error still was there. I then thought to maybe try a different install method, so I followed the steps in Pastry Chef’s “Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM”, which includes unlocking MSR. Same problem, couldn’t install with the prohibitory sign and the same error message.

Then, I downloaded Gparted thinking there was a hidden partition I needed to try to delete to completely wipe the boot drive, but couldn’t understand most of what I was seeing to be honest (pics below).

IMG_6062.jpg

IMG_6063.jpg

Thats when I opened the computer, removed the original boot SSD and switched it with the storage SSD (same exact type, Samsung 970 EVO Plus)…same error message when I use the installer from Pastry Chef’s “Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM”. When I use the USB installer from the “UniBeast: Install macOS Catalina on Any Supported Intel-based PC“build, it never loads and bounces back to the BIOS boot menu.

As of right now there is only one SSD in the motherboard (the one with no OS installed on it).

Can anyone help / point me in the right direction?

Last edited:
Thanks P1LGRIM! Will look into it tomorrow and report back.

plz use clove r5112 thank

Okedoke, tried updating the firmware. The installer said the firmware was already updated on the SSD. Tried to run the MacOs installer and I got the same error message as before.

Can anyone give me some more ideas about what could be going on / what I did wrong?

I got the same error message as before
If by this you mean the stall after the row of plus signs, this usually means that you have an incorrect or missing memory fix driver.

If you mean the prohibitory symbol, that is usually related to the USB controller(s) when booting from USB.
Search for 'prohibitory symbol' or 'still waiting for root device'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back