Contribute
Register

Getting macOS Sierra on GA-X79-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think clover is better for Sierra : many "scripts" are running while booting with Unibeast and clover configurator it's easy with graphic interface to configure : you find here many treads to help for your right config in clover.

Hey everyone, I'm having some trouble getting Sierra on my setup.

Here are my specs:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3
Processor: i7-3820
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 980

I have been searching and searching for a guide, but most guides seem to be for El Capitan for the GA-X79-UD3. The main problem is I cannot figure out what bootflags to use. I've successfully created the UniBeast USB and am able to boot into clover; I just cannot get the proper combination of boot flags so that I can actually get to the installation of macOS Sierra. I have made sure that all USB3.0 related settings are disabled in the BIOS.

I've tried using multiple combinations of: dart=0, nv_disable=1, npci=0x3000, npci=0x2000, cpus=1, darkwake=0, rootles=0, -v, and -x. However, I always get to a point where it gets frozen and then a prohibited signal appears in the middle of the screen (circle with slash through it).

Has anyone figured out the perfect combination of boot flags to get this to load? Or any other advice?

Thanks in advance!

Did you ever get your system going? I have that same motherboard, on BIOS vF20, and I have Sierra working well now.

My boot flags are: -v npci=0x2000 dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1
Also I have the Clover options checked for USB Inject, Add ClockID, FixOwnership and am using MacPro5,1 SMBIOS definition.

This system's DSDT seems to be missing compatible USB options to match with the new way USB drivers are done for El Capitan and Sierra. My DSDT has entries for "EUSB" and "USBE" where most other systems have things like "EHCI" and "EH01" / "EH02" so I just used a dummy injector kext with Clover to inject the 2 Name Match values of EUSB and USBE for the MacPro5,1 system definition. This was the step that allowed me to boot into the installer all the way with El Capitan and Sierra.

I may write up a guide on this all later. For reference I'm using the GA-X79-UD3 with an i7-3820 and GTX 970.

Did you ever get your system going? I have that same motherboard, on BIOS vF20, and I have Sierra working well now.

Also I have the Clover options checked for USB Inject, Add ClockID, FixOwnership and am using MacPro5,1 SMBIOS definition.

This system's DSDT seems to be missing compatible USB options to match with the new way USB drivers are done for El Capitan and Sierra. My DSDT has entries for "EUSB" and "USBE" where most other systems have things like "EHCI" and "EH01" / "EH02" so I just used a dummy injector kext with Clover to inject the 2 Name Match values of EUSB and USBE for the MacPro5,1 system definition. This was the step that allowed me to boot into the installer all the way with El Capitan and Sierra.

I may write up a guide on this all later. For reference I'm using the GA-X79-UD3 with an i7-3820 and GTX 970.

Hi. I've been trying to get my old GA-X79-UD3 working with Sierra for the past few days and would really appreciate some help

It was great running 10.8.2 for a couple of years and last year I got El Capitan running smoothly on an Asus X99A/USB3.1 but this is proving to be quiet problematic.

Quite happy to go down the DSDT and SSDT route once I can get it to boot and this is the first post I've seen thar seems to tackle the USB issues on these boards.

Just for extra info, my processor is a 3960X and my graphics card is a Nvidia GT740. Not particularly powerful but it's passive, so silent.

Hello, first of all thanks for the info, it's the first time I try to put together a hackintosh and I'm going crazy.

Could you give me a little explanation guide for this? I have the same board and the same processor but I'm really lost :(

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back