Contribute
Register

Getting Kernel panic with my firewire soundcard kext on lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
another reply to myself......

i reinstall the tc driver who is not for lion,the 2.4.1.....
And the blue led stay on but no sound...and just keep your tc on and reboot.

Here it is, the tc near appear in sound preference and it work.

Just the tc préférence don't work,don't know why,and i think there are on this forum some people who can solve this,but are no interested in that...so i don't know if all will be ok with the new drivers one day...

Wathever...i have sound with this old driver,you too if you do this,that's more than nothing...

Edit:that's work only on 32bit mode...arch=i386

You can add TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6 to the deathlist, too.

I have a Gigabyte P31-DS3L mobo with a DSDT and On Snow Leopard, it worked like a charm.

But on Lion, whenever I install the latest driver as of now (TC_Audio_Interface_Software_251_6973-568_356.dmg), after forced restart, it kernel panics and ruins my non-problematic Lion install.

Just installed Lion and have the same issue with my Konnekt 24D. o_O

Would be prepared to club together on a decent donation for anyone who can make this work. :headbang:

Been probing around the problem, there is another thread with discussion of similar issues.

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=282966#p282966

gdigger said:
Hmmm... I have got working konnekt 6. It's a good news (at least for me) ;)
First of all I tried to upgrade to 10.7.3 (11D36). Upgraded without problems, but still the same kernel crash after installing tc near drivers. As a last chance I downgraded chimera from 1.7.0 to 1.4.1...
As a result -- Chimera 1.4.1 can normally boot 10.7.3 at least in 64bit mode. TC Audio Interface v.251_6973 running without any problems. No kernel crashes, TC Near control panel fully working. The only problem -- OS's audio mixer (volume control) is not working... not a big problem, imho ;)

Looks like the main problem with firewire ioaudiofamily is a problem with bootloader.

PS: sorry for my english, and a good luck with your FW interfaces! =)

Another potential cause is flakey onboard Firewire issues, though gdigger tried remedying that without joy..

gdigger said:
Already tried PCI-e TI FW controller -- the same kernel crash with TC Konnekt 6 :(

Another solution in the thread

orri said:
I got a similar kp message (i didn't get the tc.tctechnologies part).

in the bios I set the HDA controller front panel type to AC97 instead of HDA.
Then I got rid or this message.

I don't know if it works for you too...

Haven't had a chance to test these solutions yet, will report back when I do - would like to back up my current install, first! Please let me know if you get a chance to try this guys..

Well, installing the older version of Chimera just put me into a reboot loop. Had to boot from UniBeast and reinstall the current version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back