Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi,
Here's my problem, i had installed lion without any problem, everything was working, without nullcpupowermanagement and sleepenabler.
When i made the partition for the installation, i tried to put the kext of my firewire sound card with the others kexts but, that made a kernel panic.
So i delete it, and now that's the same thing, i can't install my soundcard, that make me a KP...the drivers was working nice on snow leopard, and it's optimised for lion, people don't appear to have problem with it on lion, just me...

My card is a TC electronic konnekt 24D, and i use the last official drivers.My motherboard is an asus P5q pro, with an core quad q9300 and a nvidia 9600gt.

In information system i have that about the soundcard (without installed drivers of course):

Bus FireWire :
Vitesse maximale: Jusqu’à 400 Mb/s
Konnekt24D :
Fabricant (manufacturer): TC Electronic
Modèle: 0x20
GUID: 0x1660408001619
Vitesse maximale: Jusqu’à 400 Mb/s
Vitesse de connexion: Jusqu’à 400 Mb/s
Sous-unités:
Konnekt24D Unit :
Version du logiciel de l’unité: 0x1
Identifiant de l’unité: 0x166

And here is my kp screen:

For information, i had this KP in 32 and 64bit mode...

For now i reinstall snowleopard, but really want to put back lion, so if you can help me, thant you verry much! (sorry for my english, i'm french)

nobody can help me with this kernel panic screen?

Hello from france,
I can't understand why you didn't install the Konnekt 24D with the .dmg from TC electronic?

This is the way I have used to install the same soundcard on my hackintosh ( with snow leopard).

yes,that's what i did first, but the dmg install the kext file, who make me the panic screen...
i think the panic is cause by the kext because as soon i delete it, the computer start normaly...
And the kext make trouble even when i put him in the kext place of my lion installation partition..
But,i'm on snowleopard right now and everything work like a charm...i don't have the right to install lion..
(i hope to be clear)

I'm having the same issue with my Konnekt 48 in Lion. I don't think the drivers are mature enough for Lion yet with really sucks. Not sure whether I should have upgraded so quickly. Please reply back if you get this working in Lion.

yes,if i found something,i'll tell you!
Maybe it's just something to change in the info.plist contain in the kext,but i don't know what!

I don't know how to solve this problem, but i post the kext,if someone can modify it to work with lion...

I reapeat it was made for lion but make kp when it's in the kext directory...(only with hackintosh because i read it work on real mac with lion).

Attachments

• TCNear.kext.zip
    255.5 KB · Views: 79
Contacting TC Electronics and prompting them to get their driver working in Lion, would be my advice.
Many proaudio companies don't advise updating the OS until they've totally debugged their drivers.
My Lynx L22 (PCI) works fine in Lion but resets back to default after re-boot or sleep.
In Snow Leopard, it remembers my settings.
Even PTHD 9 isn't working right in Lion yet!

yes i did think to contact them,but the driver work on lion with a real mac,so i don't think they will help me...about the problem with protools,yeah,that's the second thing make me stay on snowleopard...but some features of lion miss me!

ok, so i made some new search and found a drivers who is not made for lion,but who "seems to work",and don't make kernel panic...i explain, it make the firewire connection to work, you know the blue led stay on, but lion don't show the input or output in sound setting...this drivers is the 2.4.1.6468

So i thinking and open the kext package to compare the info.plist inside with the other one,who is on the lion drivers who don't work....and only one line is different, on "osbundlelibrary",on the new driver there is on line more..com.apple.kpi.iokit.bsd, something like this, and when i erase this line, the drivers install without make any kernel panic.
BUT in this case,there is no synchronization of firewire...so i tried to put the info.plist of the old driver who almost work, inside the new driver...and again nothing...

I come to say this things in case of someone who is better in this business want to help,it's weird a driver who work on a real mac,don't work on a hack, and i'm sure it's not an hardware problem...i tried to shut off the firewire in the bios,the integrated sound card too, and still this kp with the lion driver...

i just hope to do this one day^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back