Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 770
[SOLVED]getting Kernel Panic before installer on Asus Q550LF [Success install]

Trying to install Mavericks on hackbook2 (Asus Q550LF i7-4500U/Haswell ULT / HD4400) of my signature and can't get past this kernel panic.
Anyone have an idea on which boot flags to use ? I already tried -x, dart=0, cpus=1 on BIOS Virtualization is disabled.
Always get this kernel panic.

The kernel is patched on my USB for early reboot.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3199-1.jpg
    IMG_3199-1.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 241
Trying to install Mavericks on hackbook2 (Asus Q550LF i7-4500U/Haswell ULT / HD4400) of my signature and can't get past this kernel panic.
Anyone have an idea on which boot flags to use ? I already tried -x, dart=0, cpus=1 on BIOS Virtualization is disabled.
Always get this kernel panic.

The kernel is patched on my USB for early reboot.

Thanks.

How did you create the USB? What is the md5 sum of your USB's /mach_kernel?

How did you create the USB? What is the md5 sum of your USB's /mach_kernel?

The usb was created using unibeast first I try the xcpm because i was getting just instant reboot, but not kernel panics.

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]$ md5 mach_kernel [/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]MD5 (mach_kernel) = 6848b1904426d5e270a2db6fada67fb0
[/FONT]

Then I made the patch for lapic panic so now it has both patches.
Code:
[FONT=Menlo]MD5 (mach_kernel) = 33e741649352c1545a269cf0700d65e0
[/FONT]

The usb was created using unibeast first I try the xcpm because i was getting just instant reboot, but not kernel panics.

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]MD5 (mach_kernel) = 6848b1904426d5e270a2db6fada67fb0
[/FONT]

Then I made the patch for lapic panic so now it has both patches.
Code:
[FONT=Menlo]MD5 (mach_kernel) = 33e741649352c1545a269cf0700d65e0
[/FONT]

Those md5 sums look correct.

Make sure you created your USB on real hardware (not a VM). And if you've used this USB before, make sure it doesn't have any changes done for a different machine (eg. DSDT,etc).

Also, I recommend removing from the USB...
/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext
/Extra/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext

Those md5 sums look correct.

Make sure you created your USB on real hardware (not a VM). And if you've used this USB before, make sure it doesn't have any changes done for a different machine (eg. DSDT,etc).

Also, I recommend removing from the USB...
/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext
/Extra/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext

Yeah it was done on a real hardware, also the USB was formatted prior, on unibeast laptop support was selected.

Ok I deleted those Kexts, but it's still having the same KP any boot flags you suggest ? or should I try using clover(I never have used clover) or create again the usb ?

Maybe this could give some hints. on line
BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

It just hangs for around 15 seconds and then the KP appears..

Yeah it was done on a real hardware, also the USB was formatted prior, on unibeast laptop support was selected.

Ok I deleted those Kexts, but it's still having the same KP any boot flags you suggest ? or should I try using clover(I never have used clover) or create again the usb ?

Maybe this could give some hints. on line
BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

It just hangs for around 15 seconds and then the KP appears..

I would try recreating the USB. The BootCache.playlist 'unable to open' is normal.

I would try recreating the USB. The BootCache.playlist 'unable to open' is normal.

Ok finally made it to the installer, without recreating the USB, on BIOS there is an option that Says Launch PXE OpROM Policy this was disabled by default, on it was enabled, And the weird thing is that this laptop needs to have enabled Virtualization, with this disabled always KP

After both settings are enabled I'm able to to reach the installer with -x flag

BUT the spinning wheels is very fast any idea ?

Ok finally made it to the installer, without recreating the USB, on BIOS there is an option that Says Launch PXE OpROM Policy this was disabled by default, on it was enabled, And the weird thing is that this laptop needs to have enabled Virtualization, with this disabled always KP

After both settings are enabled I'm able to to reach the installer with -x flag

BUT the spinning wheels is very fast any idea ?

Update bootloader on USB to Chimera3.

Thanks that solved the speedy thing, but again the same KP, I will recreate the USB, update to Chimera3, patch USB kernel, and try again.

... and delete the kexts...

But I thought you made it past the KP with BIOS adjustments? Maybe BIOS reset (it is common).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back