onboard with i7
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I'm pretty new to the mac world, and I've read this entire thread, and lots of other posts, attempting to digest everything, but I'm still in trouble here. I attempted to do an update to 10.7.4, and now I'm getting a kernel panic, with the final line I see referring to USBMSC Identifier (non-unique).... (not sure what this means, but see attached "screenshot" for everything on the screen). By the way, I get this when attempting to boot normally (verbose) or in single-user mode, using the -s flag.

I've also tried any other combination of boot flag I could find here, including -f -x, GraphicsEnabler=yes/no, and a bunch of others, but the machine always freezes with the same message. With no flags, it hangs at the spinning "wait" symbol with a graphical boot screen.

I also tried rboot and it gives me the message "couldn't find mach_kernel". I thought making a time machine backup would keep me safe and prevent this from happening, but now I see the error in my ways (next time I'll use carbon copy!).

Almost forgot, I built the system using one of the guides here, with a gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 motherboard, and everything was working great before the attempted upgrade.

So is there any way to salvage this install, or do I need to start over? I just need to get to a place where I can restore my time machine backup, or at least I think that's what I need to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Frank

time machine

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 208
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back