Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello! I have finally taken the initiative and built my Hackintosh following this guide:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3777028/201...sh/v1.2.0.html

And I can't get my graphics card to work. I follow the instructions where it says Graphics Card, and when I enable it to use PCI Express in the BIOS, the loading screen freezes and says (See below) So does anyone know the solution? I am super N00bish, but I'm thinking that it's the nVidia drivers. Maybe once nVidia releases drivers for GeForce cards on 10.8.3 it'll work? For now I have to use HD4000, and I'm stuck. I've tried PCIRootUID=0, PCIRootUID=1, npci=0x3000, npci=0x2000 (I think it was 2000), and nothing works. I've tried other solutions people say worked, but none of it works. (Including this one: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...working-after-update-10-8-3-a.html#post579741)

When I boot I get this error: "Debugger called: </SourceCache/GraphicsDrivers/GraphicsDriver-8.10.44/Common/IONDRV/Intel/IVB/AppleIntelFramebuffer/AppleIntelController.cpp:12351 Assertion failed: (0 == i) || ((pfbInfo->rangeStolen.phyBase - pfbInfoPrev->rangeSt" (No quotes)

If I set my primary graphics adapter to "Onboard" but plug my monitor into my 560 ti, I CANNOT see the BIOS or the boot screen (Which is a problem because I an dual-booting Windows 8 and am using chameleon) BUT I CAN see the OS once it boots up. PLEASE if ANYONE has a fix to this PLEASSEEE help!

Computer Specs:
Intel i5-3570K
AsRock Z77 Extreme4
ASUS ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5
8GB G.SKILL 1600MHz
500GB (old - like 3 or 4 years) Seagate Barracuda
CX750W PSU

I am getting this same error.
I was able to install Mac OS X 10.8.3 without my Nvidia card in the system using the HD 4000 Onboard graphics. But now I want to installed my GTX460. When I put the card in the system and set the bios to PCI Express I get the same error the OP is getting.

I've tried;
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
GraphicsEnabler=No
PCIRootUID=0
PCIRootUID=1
And a bunch combinations of those options combined.

My Build:
Mainboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
CPU: i5-3570k
Mem: 8 Gig( I think also G.Skill )
HDD: Samsung 840 SSD
VideoCard: Asus GTX 460
PSU: ~600W

Here is a screen shot of the error that I am getting(which is the same as OP)
IMG_20130412_170821.jpg

Here is a screenshot of DeviceInfo(Not sure if anyone can point me in the right direction to get rid of all those unknown devices errors)

Screen Shot 2013-04-12 at 5.28.13 PM.png

I am getting this same error.
I was able to install Mac OS X 10.8.3 without my Nvidia card in the system using the HD 4000 Onboard graphics. But now I want to installed my GTX460. When I put the card in the system and set the bios to PCI Express I get the same error the OP is getting.

I've tried;
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
GraphicsEnabler=No
PCIRootUID=0
PCIRootUID=1
And a bunch combinations of those options combined.

My Build:
Mainboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
CPU: i5-3570k
Mem: 8 Gig( I think also G.Skill )
HDD: Samsung 840 SSD
VideoCard: Asus GTX 460
PSU: ~600W

Here is a screen shot of the error that I am getting(which is the same as OP)
View attachment 53111

Here is a screenshot of DeviceInfo(Not sure if anyone can point me in the right direction to get rid of all those unknown devices errors)

View attachment 53107

Yes that's exactly what I get!

Just an update, I was able to get 10.8.3 working decently for now. I did a fresh install of 10.8.0 and used the combo updater to update to 10.8.3. I applied any patches I needed for network and sound and removed AppleIntelHD4000 kexts and I was able to boot with GE=Yes

Not sure if this will help your GFX card, but its worth a try :) still looking for a solution to not have to remove the kexts. Open GL works without them though and I am able to get about 37 FPS on CINEBENCH.

Just an update, I was able to get 10.8.3 working decently for now. I did a fresh install of 10.8.0 and used the combo updater to update to 10.8.3. I applied any patches I needed for network and sound and removed AppleIntelHD4000 kexts and I was able to boot with GE=Yes

Not sure if this will help your GFX card, but its worth a try :) still looking for a solution to not have to remove the kexts. Open GL works without them though and I am able to get about 37 FPS on CINEBENCH.

Hello! You said that you needed to install it from 10.8.0 and then update and removing the kexts. I have a few questions.
1) Where did you download the 10.8.0 update from? The only one I can download from the app store is 10.8.4
2) What is your reason for not wanting to get rid of the Apple Intel HD kexts?

3) Have you figured out how to get USB 3 working?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back