i5 2500
Graphics
GTX650
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone

I'm trying to install High Sierra on my new setup based on AsRock Fatal1ty P67 Performance board. I created USB stick with UniBeast, but when I try to boot from it, I get an infamous "End RandomSeed" error, as seen on the screenshot:

IMG_7637.JPG

In BIOS I disabled vt-d, serial port and USB 3.0. I tried to leave only one stick of RAM and to put AptioMemoryFix.efi in drivers64 and drivers64UEFI folders, but it didn't help.

At this point I have no clue what to try next.

Thanks for your time and attention in advance.

I've decided to try to boot macOS Sierra with Clover 4045 (that worked perfect of my old setup), but the only thing I've got is a line of pluses and reboot

At this point I have no clue what to try next.
Instead of AptioMemoryFix.efi try a different memory fix driver
  • OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi
  • OsxAptioFixDrv.efi
These drivers should not be used simultaneously! Choose one of them!

So today I tried the following:

1. First of all, I updated BIOS from version 1.0 to 2.20, on High Sierra I got "Loading Kernel Cache" error instead of "End RandomSeed";
2. I tried to load both Sierra and High Sierra in UEFI and Legacy modes, in some cases I've got "End RandomSeed", in others "Loading Kernel Cache";
3. On boot drive with High Sierra in UEFI mode I tried to use OsxAptioFixDrv.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi, OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi and AptioMemoryFix.efi, none of them allowed me to boot;
4. I tried to replace apfs.efi with the one from 10.13.6, in combination with OsxAptioFixDrv.efi or OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi (can't actually remember) it gave me "OsxAptioFixDrv: Error - requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block".

I have to mention that I tried different USB ports, and all the attempts were made with single 4gb stick of memory in the first slot.
I also figured out that my motherboard is almost identical with AsRock P67 Pro3, but all the information about booting macos on it is about 6 years old...

Now I have a big question - should I continue my attempts, or it is more reasonable to switch back to my old Core 2 Quad setup and try to find more compatible hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back