i9-9900kf
Graphics
Rx 570
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Guys

I have managed to install el capitan and all is workign fine, i want to boot directly to windows 10 with a countdown timer.

I have managed to clean up my clover screen so only 3 options show
Boot EFI from System Reserved (this is the windows 10 reserved volume)
Boot El capitan
Boot Recovery

Now i have managed to set windows 10 as the default volume, but i still need to press enter to load into it, there is no countdown timer or auto loading it.

I have attached clover boot log and my config file

Also I have 5 HDD, I have named them conveniently
HD1 (System reserved contains windows 10 efi, and Windows)
HD2 (El Capitan, EFI and Recovery)
HD3 (1TBWD- 1 Terabyte Western Digital storage)
HD4 (2TBWD - 2 terabyte Western Digital storage)
HD5 (3TBWD- 3 terabyte WD Storage)

Boot log (removed themes enteries and extra kexts to make the file smaller than 50kb to upload here)
and Config.pl file attached

Can anyone please have a look and see what i have done incorrectly

Attachments

• bootlog.log.txt
    48.5 KB · Views: 424
  • config copy.plist
    4.6 KB · Views: 449
Hi!

I remember struggling with this too, I'd set the countdown in Clover Configurator but it wouldn't count on the Clover boot screen. I remember changing some setting to make it work but I can't remember what it was explicitly. Point is something seems to break the timer if you miss some setting. That's why some of these suggestions might sound a bit banal.

If I compare our configurations, on the Boot page we have a minor difference: I have set the CustomLogo to Alternative. I know it's long shot but you could try that, set the CustomLogo to something, even "No" (it doesn't affect windows booting, with Alternative I get White Apple on black screen when I boot to OSX, Win EFI boot looks normal).

Under "Gui" try setting your language to "en".

Under "Boot" is the Default Loader you've specified important? Mine reads nothing in it, try removing your "boot.efi" entry.

I got my countdown eventually working, my Default Boot Volume is my osx (name MacSSD). I don't know, you could try getting the countdown work first in attempting to use you El Cap as def. boot vol before moving it to windows.

That's all I think of, try these one at a time. Good Luck.

Hi!

I remember struggling with this too, I'd set the countdown in Clover Configurator but it wouldn't count on the Clover boot screen. I remember changing some setting to make it work but I can't remember what it was explicitly. Point is something seems to break the timer if you miss some setting. That's why some of these suggestions might sound a bit banal.

If I compare our configurations, on the Boot page we have a minor difference: I have set the CustomLogo to Alternative. I know it's long shot but you could try that, set the CustomLogo to something, even "No" (it doesn't affect windows booting, with Alternative I get White Apple on black screen when I boot to OSX, Win EFI boot looks normal).

Under "Boot" is the Default Loader you've specified important? Mine reads nothing in it, try removing your "boot.efi" entry.

I got my countdown eventually working, my Default Boot Volume is my osx (name MacSSD). I don't know, you could try getting the countdown work first in attempting to use you El Cap as def. boot vol before moving it to windows.

OMG!!!

thank you

it worked :D:headbang:

Not sure which setting is the one

but i did everyting you suggested

Custom logo = alternative
gui language= en
removed boot.efi setting

so if anyone else has this issue try these 3 things

edit now the only thing remaining is if i can make my mouse work in clover, then i will have a perfect hackintosh

any ideas?

I believe an accidental renaming of my boot volume caused my countdown to disappear. I corrected the name, but still didn't work. I tired a shorter name with no spaces and also played with these settings. It's back.

Hi!

Man your solution saved me after 4 years in Catalina! Thanks :thumbup:

I believe an accidental renaming of my boot volume caused my countdown to disappear. I corrected the name, but still didn't work. I tired a shorter name with no spaces and also played with these settings. It's back.
If you want the countdown timer to work your Clover default boot volume must be the exact same as your OS drive. In Finder settings check the box for Hard Disks under Show these items on Desktop.
Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 10.44.56 AM.png
Then look in the upper right corner of your display and you will see your Mac OS HDD/SSD. Whatever the name of this drive is, make it the same in the Clover default volume setting and the countdown timer will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back