Contribute
Register

Getting bluetooth to work (IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro Adapter GBU521W6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
MateBook X Pro 2018
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[h=1]Hi,[/h]
I just picked up an IOGEAR bluetooth usb dongle (GBU521W6) and the bluetooth adapter shows up on my hackintosh but I cannot pair up any devices. Please help! running Mavericks..

I had a similar issue which was solved by pulging the adapter in to the side usb port and i was able to connect my device. I also moved it back to the back usb ports after after connection was established and it worked fine.

First I would ask if there is a big chunk of metal, the computer case, directly between the dongle and the device you are trying to pair? That dongle works great, but it's antennae and resulting range is poor. I would get an extender, or plug it in a port that allows it to be on the same side of the case as the devices you are typing to use.

I would suggest using a usb 2.0 port, and installing the universal 3.0 driver can help sometimes, I had to replug the module boot to get it to actually work until I installed the 3.0 driver, and yes it was plugged in to a usb 2.0 port.

I've had to delete the com.apple.bluetooth.plist after moving bluetooth modules around to get Mavericks to use the same module in a different port.

These tips are from the bluetooth experience on 2 different hacks, the former on a intel motherboard with recommended dongle, and the latter on a Gigabyte board and genuine Apple internal module.

I am surprised that I cannot pair any devices to it even though I have bluetooth installed with the dongle and the blue light is lit on the dongle. Hmm...not sure what to do. I tried the suggestions of removing the bluetooth plist file and then restarted - no go. I also tried different USB ports. I may just return it to the store now

I just got a rocketfish bluetooth adapter and it still wont work please help?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 745
I just got a rocketfish bluetooth adapter and it still wont work please help?

I was able to get it working. It was an issue with the range. The range on these mini usbs really suck. I guess they are meant for notebooks not desktops.

I am using a USB cable extender and it seemed to fix the issue - looks messy though :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back