Contribute
Register

Getting Bluetooth but no WiFi with Fenvi FV8801

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received my Fenvi FV8801. I have three PCI-E X1 ports, but no matter which I plug into, I only get Bluetooth. No WiFi.

Any ideas?

Using GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 motherboard with macOS Sierra 10.12.4.

@SKYKINGSKYKING, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard or Model, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I have this same problem. Please help!!!

The pain is real, luckily I have a USB wifi thing for integrated wifi, but it uses proprietary software which isn't great. I saw there is a newer model that supposedly works with it.

Anyone tried the Fenve 4360 on 10.12.5.

Also wondering if it has anything to do with being on Kaby Lake. Ive been keeping a backup of my config on USB and then installing anything new to blank DMG to see where files go in case they corrupt something.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M1G6D04/?tag=tonymacx86-21

"Works great with Hackintosh (FV-T919) OOB as of macOS Sierra (10.12.3), sleep ... this for a Sierrahackintosh, it works just fine including bluetooth (10.12.5)."

I just bought a Fenvi 9801. Bluetooth works good and the WIFI finds networks well... but won't connect to any. A pop up box says run Diagnostics, out of range (even though I get full signal). anyone else get this/have this issue?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0734FNBW8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

The only time I have that issue is when my NIC can’t get an IP from whatever device is handing them out. Try deleting the interface for your wireless in System Preferences. Hit apply and confirm. Restsrt. Then creating a new one by clicking the little plus button at the bottom left of your connection list in the network page of System Preferences.

Might be some previous or cached setting that is not matching with the hardware. When I put mine in everything worked right away, but I was also coming from an older Fenvi card which probably had so,Olaf settings.

Just received my Fenvi FV8801. I have three PCI-E X1 ports, but no matter which I plug into, I only get Bluetooth. No WiFi.

Any ideas?

Using GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 motherboard with macOS Sierra 10.12.4.

I Have the same issue, same MOBO! Any solutions so far? I got a graphics card hooked onto the PCIEX16 that blocks the PCIEX1 slot, making the PCIEX8 or the PCIEX4 the available slots for the FV919 –hooked onto the PCIEX8 now. Not sure if this makes a difference but thought worth mentioning.
mobo.jpg

Anyhow, only getting Bluetooth. In Network's System Preferences there's the Ethernet working –Connected, a Built-in Serial Port (0) and a Bluetooth PAN –Not Connected but got a Bluetooth mouse, keyboard and speaker working.

Any thoughts are very appreciated and thanks in advance!

I know this is thread is a bit stale, but I wanted to post an answer for those who came across this searching like I did.

I got the same card (Fenvi FV8801) for my Windows machine because it was a great deal (2-in-1!). Well after a LOT of searching, it looks like this card does not work on macOS. It can recognize the Bluetooth, but not the Wifi signal. Until a driver is made for this card, it looks like you'll need to get different hardware.

As far as internet, you'll have to use Ethernet or get a different Wifi card. Keep in mind: Handoff, Location Services, and Unlock with Apple Watch only work with Wi-Fi. Ethernet will not enable these features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back