Contribute
Register

Getting b00t0 error, not clear on the solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trixter - so You have the hack HD in sata port 1 and the DVD after - ok
You have installed from scratch OSX and the update helper and the osx 10.6.8 update ( which version of the update helper did you use)
If you have the apple link post that for us.

You can reboot from the HD w/o iBoot get to the desktop have sound run internet ( Is this wireless or hard line port you are using ) run built in apps like web browser and no b00t0 error ..

There is only one version of the update helper, here's a link.

I think there's some confusion. I can't reboot w/o iBoot. Trying without results in the boot0 error which is my original problem. This guide shows how to fix it, but since I'm receiving the app store sign in error, I can't do it which, is my second problem. I'm using a wireless connection.

There is only one version of the update helper, here's a link.

I think there's some confusion. I can't reboot w/o iBoot. Trying without results in the boot0 error which is my original problem. This guide shows how to fix it, but since I'm receiving the app store sign in error, I can't do it which, is my second problem. I'm using a wireless connection.

Trixter - ok I think I have a source for you to seach and should help - but the domain name is not permitted to be posted per rules and regs of this site - but you can do a google search for this "How to fix the boot0 error for your Hackintosh" w/o quotes and it should be the #1 hit - read that and let me know how it goes. If you find the site it will have a data Febuary 12 2012 above the term you are Goggleing.

If I read this right - the Apple DVD installer whould work for you as it has the tools - to unmount the boot vol and has terminal as well - make sure you know where its plugged into - the sata port as you will be providing the hardware terms for in terminal to get this done.

Their is one other idea - and that is to use the newer version of Chimera that is avaiable from the downloads section ( written for LION and MT LIon) and I believe this has the Boot1h file in it whereas the old one included in 10.6 does not. SO if you up to it download it and install it and cross you fingers .....

I'll have to wait until tomorrow evening to try it out, will update at some point :clap:

I'll have to wait until tomorrow evening to try it out, will update at some point :clap:

Trixter

ok but you think you wlll try the last step - if you do - not sure if this will wack the whole shebang and you may have to start at ground Zero again...

I posted this question about the newer Chimera loader being used w OSX10.6 in that forum w/o a response - in theory it should work and fix the Boor1h issue but - as the old MultiBeast has an older version of Chimera in it that it will install that if you sellect it in the options is make you reinstll this newer Chimera before you can reboot ... its getting messy but - I havent had to re run multibeast w the Bootloader installer since it been running 4 mo now.
ANyways its something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back