Graphics
None
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Option 1 in this guide to fix the boot0 error is for Lion, but I want to update to ML so I'm not sure if the steps are the same. Also, I don't have a ML configured Unibeast USB drive yet, so what are my options to get this resolved?

Yes, the options are still the same. Fix your SL install the create ML Unibeast.

What do you mean fix my Lion install? I'm trying to go from SL to ML

What do you mean fix my Lion install? I'm trying to go from SL to ML

Yeah, that's what I meant. Try moving your SATA drive into sata1 on your motherboard. Specs?

GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
i5 2500k
Radeon HD 6850

I can get to the desktop fine if I boot from iBoot, so I was thinking of downloading ML from the app store and making the USB drive but then I got an error signing in, saying "unknown error occurred". If I can sign in to my account then I should be able to fix it but I have no clue what's causing this. I can try switching the ports on the mobo later on but not right now.

GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
i5 2500k
Radeon HD 6850

I can get to the desktop fine if I boot from iBoot, so I was thinking of downloading ML from the app store and making the USB drive but then I got an error signing in, saying "unknown error occurred". If I can sign in to my account then I should be able to fix it but I have no clue what's causing this. I can try switching the ports on the mobo later on but not right now.

Trixter

you can move the hard drive to sata port 1 ant any time - of course you would be powered off to do this - this is helpful as well as this port is mentioned in the guide that koalaman mentions -

Also is this a fresh install and you did complete it to OSX10.6.8 - do you have the dsdt file.the Apple retail DVD and are the bios settings spec'd out by Tonymacx86 install guide!

Also what size and make of HD do you have for the boot vol of this hack - and do you have spares or extras we can potentially use.

Tony has a section in the forum that cover issues realted to App store issues - suggest you look in their as well for ideas to your issue once you can boot from Chimera Boot loader.
Oh I see you have a Sandy Bridge CPu - here is a modified install process that was done by jester969
-------------------------------------------------------------------
How to due a sandybridge cpu w compatable hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD) - get welcome screen
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Audio/Ethernet/DSDT

DSDT and BIOS firmware must match to the corresponding number.

It's a fresh install to 10.6.8 and I'm at step 6 of the list you posted, booting without iBoot. My HDD is a Seagate Barracuda 7200 1TB and I don't have extras. I don't have a dsdt file(still new to this so not even sure what it does) and I haven't tried switching the ports yet because I'm away from my build, so I can't do anything for a couple hours.

It's a fresh install to 10.6.8 and I'm at step 6 of the list you posted, booting without iBoot. My HDD is a Seagate Barracuda 7200 1TB and I don't have extras. I don't have a dsdt file (still new to this so not even sure what it does) and I haven't tried switching the ports yet because I'm away from my build, so I can't do anything for a couple hours.

Trxiter
I suggest you donwload the DSDT file for the correct version of you motherboard their are 5 versoins listed for 5 bios levels -
A DSDT file is the best way of doing and hack - and the prefered method
Check the DSDt section under resources.

Are you intending to use this system w W7 os - if you are then I suggest a second HD or look here for additional information
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/dual-boot-windows-7-and-os-x-snow.html

You should read and understand the iboot and Multibeast process but use the guide I posted - also as you have a sandybridge CPu you will need to use the PCIRootUID=0 command switch.

You will need a USB thumb drive.

Should do some research on that Drive as Hacks using OSX10.6 have issues w Hard Dives w sectors set to 4k instead of the older 512 - this is called advanced format - see if this is changeable - if not some how you will need to create two partitions !

See this - Build Hack w GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with Intel Core i7-2600K HD 3000 graphics And Install 10.6.7
Command line and terminal refernce Unix Mac Linux this is the complete nOOb point of view.
http://www.macobserver.com/tips/macosxcl101/index.html

Update: No success yet. I tried the different sata port and downloading my mobo's dsdt + running multibeast again with the right settings. Still trying to find a way to fix the app store error; there's other threads about the same thing on here but also different solutions.

Update: No success yet. I tried the different sata port and downloading my mobo's dsdt + running multibeast again with the right settings. Still trying to find a way to fix the app store error; there's other threads about the same thing on here but also different solutions.

Trixter - so You have the hack HD in sata port 1 and the DVD after - ok
You have installed from scratch OSX and the update helper and the osx 10.6.8 update ( which version of the update helper did you use)
If you have the apple link post that for us.

You can reboot from the HD w/o iBoot get to the desktop have sound run internet ( Is this wireless or hard line port you are using ) run built in apps like web browser and no b00t0 error ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back