Motherboard
HP 8300 CMT
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
My first hackintosh here and having an issue trying to copy data from an external USB hard drive. I am starting to suspect it may be because the drive is encrypted, but I couldn't find other notes on this scenario.

External USB hard drive, GUID, Mac OS Extended (Journaled, Encrypted). When I plug it in (USB3) I am prompted for password, then entering password mounts the disc as expected. I can browse contents, copy contents etc. All looks good, EXCEPT the drive "ejects" after ~5 minutes.

This is incredibly frustrating given I am trying to copy TBs of data from it. I have used a different, unencrypted drive, on the same port, same cable, same OS etc and had no issues. I have tried the encrypted (problem) drive on a genuine Mac and have no issues.

Any thoughts or advice? If this isn't going to work I will have to try something else, but if others have this working I'm hoping to as well.

Last edited:
@phrozenpenguin, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard or Model, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back