Graphics
Gigabyte GT640
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So, I tried to install Yosemite with The latest Unibeast and it failed. I'm getting from Google that this is a problem because of some .plist file. I saw in the original instructions on this site to delete the mach_kernal key, but I didn't find it in my plist, and here I am now. Typing from my iPad. I can still boot up from the Unibeast USB, though. I'm gonna try a reinstall tonight. Also, I can't wipe my disk because I have important things on there from Mavericks.

please help...

Try booting into your Yosemite installation via USB, then open the terminal and type
Code:
diskutil list
This should list all the drives you have, look for the one you installed Yosemite on. There might be a partition on the disk called "Boot OS X"; mount that by typing
Code:
diskutil mount diskXsY
where X and Y are the numbers your disk uses
Once mounted, open the drive in Finder (if it doesn't appear on the sidebar, open Finder > Preferences and show all drives on the sidebar) and navigate to /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist.
You can open it with TextEdit, and change the line "mach_kernel" to "/System/Library/Kernels/kernel"
Then reboot without the USB and see if that works

I did that, but the system reboots.
I tried everything.

I hope Dev´s can add this strings and others to the bootladers soon.
This is not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back