Contribute
Register

getting 9800gt silent cell working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
xpd said:
Any update on hdmi (hdcp) with 9800gt silent cell? Tried pretty much everything with no luck.
xpd,
HDMI is highly dependent on the interoperability between your system (Driver, GPU) and your Monitor.
I had no issues with it and my Samsung monitor (using the included HDMI->DVI adapter)...

Dvi works fine, however there are some problems after returning from monitor sleep. Some items like the browser status bar seems to be stuck at 1600x1200 resolution.
Hmmm... You seem to have a system identical to mine, and yet, I have no issues whatsoever with this.
Did you follow the guides in my blog ?

Pretty similar setup yeah. hdmi->dvi works here too. However hdmi seems to be better at autoadjusting resolution. Probably something to do with hdcp.

Tried Chameleon RC4, RC5, AsereBLN and NVEnabler 64.

Got pretty slow pshop redraw, some resolution problems after monitor sleep, and lose the color profile if i turn off the display.

GeForce 9800 GT:

Chipset Model: GeForce 9800 GT
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0614
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: xx.xx.xx - internal
Displays:
HP LP2475w:
Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Display Connector:

Just figured out something else. When I use dvi, both chameleon and the white loading screen is running at 1600x1200, however hdmi displays them at 1920x1200.

com.apple.Boot.plist
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I have the exact same symptoms. Would love to get this resolved before I drop the HDMI and go VGA to my 52" Samsung LN-T5265F.

Keep this thread alive. By the way thank you all for the pioneering going on with this stuff. It really helps us newbie's out.

DVI->PC Monitor (works)
VGA->PC Monitor (works)
HDMI->HDMI-DVI Adaptor->PC Monitor (works)
HDMI->HDTV (freeze system)
HDMI->HDMI-VGA Adaptor->HDTV (no signal to TV)

Using vanilla MultiBeast UserDSDT (DSDT-GA-P55A-UD4P-F14.aml)

:banghead:

yea I wish i could get it working too. but doesn't seem like it.
I got my vga + audio cable and use that for my tv.

kind of a plus. since now if i get a dual monitor i can put both on digital(dvi + hdmi) and keep the tv on vga.

I know vga thru the 9800gt silent cell works.

However, hdmi and dvi>hdmi cable dont seem to function. All i get is a no signal report from my samsung lcd.

Any one else who was able to resolve this issue?

Phvrctnt,

I tested HDMI (via the HDMI-DVI included adapter) with my SAMSUNG T260HD @ 1920x1200, and it worked.

Lnx2Mac said:
Phvrctnt,

I tested HDMI (via the HDMI-DVI included adapter) with my SAMSUNG T260HD @ 1920x1200, and it worked.

Dvi worksas i understand it. But im using a samsung lcd and tthe ports available to me are vga, which works at 10.6.5 no patches needed. Dvi, i assumed will also work since it doesnt involve hdcp handshakes.

My problem is i need hdmi connectivity. Dvi-hdmi would be good enough but it just womt work whatever the patch i use. Hdmi-hdmi connection ofcourse wont work as expeccted coz of the hdmi hdcp handshake.

I really hope someone figures this out before i decide to just get a new card thats fully compatible without any patches...

Thanks

it doesn't seem like anyone is working on this card, myself included. :(

saul said:
it doesn't seem like anyone is working on this card, myself included. :(
My Silent Cell just needs to work with DVI for my setup which it does well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back