Contribute
Register

gettin my 980x hackintosh parts tomorrow gettin nervous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So i ordered all my parts based off success stories in the forums,i will be receiving parts 10.14.10
Parts Ordered...
snow leopard retail 10.6.3 (mc573z/A
x58-ud5 Rev.2
980x
gskill trident 1600 (4gbX3)
2 OCZ 90gb ssd boot drive (raid 0)
xfx 5870 ref model 2xdvi,1xhdmi,1dp
ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS
cpu cooler noctua d14
I will be using the Empire Efi or iBoot (gettin kinda confused on best solution bootloader) W/Retail 10.6.3 SL dvd.
My question is first i have seen a lot of unsuccessful stories on the 5870 (my friend told me it was supported 64bit or had a kext for it),i have done some research and not found a kext or solution to run 5870 64bit mode.I will (well i want to use 2 dvi for dual monitors(Dell U2410's) and the hdmi for 42" plasma.I hope this is possible in 64bit.
My next question is for the boot drive do i just set up raid0 in disk utility? or do i have to install SL to 1 drive then clone to raid later?
Thanks for any help-J

Thanks for that rabbit,
Seems as if i have to install osx on single drive first then clone to raided0 drives.
If i remember correctly i cannot clone a 250Gb to a 180gb (2X90gb Raid0),meaning cloning a bigger drive to smallerdrive?, i will have to do a little research on that tonight.
Yeah as for the 5870 have to keep researching.If i find out nothing ill just have to try and see what happens.

Thanks i will check that out.
Should i try...iBoot-ATI-5xxx-3 or iBoot-ATI?
Thanks again in advance!

pest1320 said:
Thanks i will check that out.
Should i try...iBoot-ATI-5xxx-3 or iBoot-ATI?
Thanks again in advance!
For your card, iBoot-ATI-5xxx-3.

okay cool just got done burning the image onto a cd.
My parts should be here tomorrow evening then i will assemble friday night after work.
i do have a PPC quad runnin tiger for audio production (this hackingtosh will replace the tired out ppc) I have a older geforce gpu in the PPC i can use in case the 5870 gives me problems i think.
I just want to make sure i have everything in order b4 i get the install going.
I will be using this install guide...
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html
and this guide for a few steps.
http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3 ... 4f2c9c233c

Please inform me of any thing else i should consider or do to prep this install.
Thanks abunch-Joey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back