Contribute
Register

Get Ready for OS X El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi here is a link to a post i made a while back look at the bottom there is screenshots and they show step by step how i installed clover on my yosemite install.. follow that using the newest clover and you will have clover installed.. the newest one has alot of issues resolved..

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ga-gtx650-working-dsdt-free-9.html#post954300

Thanks for that info. What I am wondering is, after you install Clover to the EFI partition of Yosemite or El Capitan, and after you install your kexts etc. Do you keep the vboxhfs-64 driver in the drivers folder or do you replace it with the hfsplus.efi driver?

Thanks!

Thanks for that info. What I am wondering is, after you install Clover to the EFI partition of Yosemite or El Capitan, and after you install your kexts etc. Do you keep the vboxhfs-64 driver in the drivers folder or do you replace it with the hfsplus.efi driver?

Thanks!

NO you do not need to replace it.. here is why
You only need to replace VBoxHfs-64.efi in the drivers64UEFI folder with HFSPlus.efi when your creating a OSX bootable usb.. also this was used in for mavericks as i recall.. u dont need to do it if ur updating here is a screenshot of my layout also .zips are just zip files for backup.. u dont need them

HFSPlus.efi = (Apple's HFS driver. Required to boot OSX when creating USB stick).. u dont need it unless ur making one

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 11.38.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 11.38.29 PM.png
    324.7 KB · Views: 247
I'm really excited for this!! For some reason I can't get Clover to work with any of my computers - it's very, very frustrating. My only Hackintosh success has been using UniBeast and MultiBeast along with your excellent guides and forums.

Same here... I have no trouble getting through UniBeast installs, but I have never gotten Clover to Boot OSX.

When can we get El Capitan for Hackintosh?

Hey guys, My computer also cant work with Clover for some reason,
and I was wondering how can I install it? (Currently using Chameleon to boot, used Unibeast to install from USB).
B.t.w if theres no other way than when would Unibeast come out?

NO you do not need to replace it.. here is why
You only need to replace VBoxHfs-64.efi in the drivers64UEFI folder with HFSPlus.efi when your creating a OSX bootable usb.. also this was used in for mavericks as i recall.. u dont need to do it if ur updating here is a screenshot of my layout also .zips are just zip files for backup.. u dont need them

HFSPlus.efi = (Apple's HFS driver. Required to boot OSX when creating USB stick).. u dont need it unless ur making one

That makes sense. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back