Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings,

I've noticed that the GenericUSBXHCI.Kext, when installed in EFI>Clover>Kexts>10.10 no longer allows for a working USB3 superspeed feature on my 4530s. Perhaps it never worked, but I thought I saw it working in Yosemite as long as you booted with anything plugged into the USB3 slot.

Greetings,

I've noticed that the GenericUSBXHCI.Kext, when installed in EFI>Clover>Kexts>10.10 no longer allows for a working USB3 superspeed feature on my 4530s. Perhaps it never worked, but I thought I saw it working in Yosemite as long as you booted with anything plugged into the USB3 slot.

We don't use GenericUSBXHCI.kext on the ProBook 4x30s.

We don't use GenericUSBXHCI.kext on the ProBook 4x30s.

Because it doesn't work or it is only intermittent? Is there anything to get the USB3 slot to work at 5GB/s?

Because it doesn't work or it is only intermittent? Is there anything to get the USB3 slot to work at 5GB/s?

Because we use native AppleUSBXHCI.kext. If you installed GenericUSBXHCI.kext, you made a mistake.

Because we use native AppleUSBXHCI.kext. If you installed GenericUSBXHCI.kext, you made a mistake.

I guess so, since it works intermittently.

So, I removed it and, indeed, it works intermittently as before, that is, I must have something plugged into the USB port on boot and then my 32GB USB3 drive will show up at superspeed. However, other USB3 drives only come up as hi-speed. So, really nothing has changed vis-a-vis performance. Thanks, again!

I guess so, since it works intermittently.

So, I removed it and, indeed, it works intermittently as before, that is, I must have something plugged into the USB port on boot and then my 32GB USB3 drive will show up at superspeed. However, other USB3 drives only come up as hi-speed. So, really nothing has changed vis-a-vis performance. Thanks, again!

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Here it is.

I can see that AppleUSBXHCI.kext is active.

Did you follow the Clover guide? No one else has reported any such issue. Perhaps you have an incompatibility that is device specific. Try a different USB3 device for comparison.

I can see that AppleUSBXHCI.kext is active.

Did you follow the Clover guide? No one else has reported any such issue. Perhaps you have an incompatibility that is device specific. Try a different USB3 device for comparison.

Yes to Clover guide. Incompatibility might be the right word here. I have, for example, two Micro Center USB3 drives. The 32GB shows up as a superdrive if I boot with it installed or swap out a 2.4 gHz mouse receiver that is usually kept in the USB3 slot to keep it "active." I have an 8 GB that only shows up as hi-speed. The same for a Kingston 16GB USB3 drive.

The Micro Center 8GB is also not recognized as USB3 in Windows 8.1. The 32 GB is recognized and so is the Kingston. So, I have a little more luck getting superspeed than I do winning with scratch-off cards. Thanks for looking at the IO info. :)

Yes to Clover guide. Incompatibility might be the right word here. I have, for example, two Micro Center USB3 drives. The 32GB shows up as a superdrive if I boot with it installed or swap out a 2.4 gHz mouse receiver that is usually kept in the USB3 slot to keep it "active." I have an 8 GB that only shows up as hi-speed. The same for a Kingston 16GB USB3 drive.

The Micro Center 8GB is also not recognized as USB3 in Windows 8.1. The 32 GB is recognized and so is the Kingston. So, I have a little more luck getting superspeed than I do winning with scratch-off cards. Thanks for looking at the IO info. :)

You can try installing GenericUSBXHCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back