Motherboard
GA-P55M-UD2; Lenovo 50-70 laptop
CPU
Desktop i5 : Lenovo i7
Graphics
G9440
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sorry guys if this question is not in the proper forum. not sure if this apply to Laptop or for all hackintoshes.

I am reading a lot but sometimes I read contradictory information. (probably because there are too much information and most of them not updated)

Some times I have read that for some specific thing I need to use fakeSMS, another time to use just the opposite (use VirtualSMC), but the main thing is that also I have read that both can not be used at the same time.

could someone clarify about this?
is one of this two more updated and the eligible to be used for new users?
is there any page that explain more in deep this two files?

regards

Sorry guys if this question is not in the proper forum. not sure if this apply to Laptop or for all hackintoshes.

I am reading a lot but sometimes I read contradictory information. (probably because there are too much information and most of them not updated)

Some times I have read that for some specific thing I need to use fakeSMS, another time to use just the opposite (use VirtualSMC), but the main thing is that also I have read that both can not be used at the same time.

could someone clarify about this?
is one of this two more updated and the eligible to be used for new users?
is there any page that explain more in deep this two files?

regards
they both do the same thing

VirutalSMC is newer and is updated more regularly

use VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC if you can

they both do the same thing

VirutalSMC is newer and is updated more regularly

use VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC if you can

Thanks for the advice.
if I don't misunderstood, only SMCBatteryManager should be used. I have removed ACPIBatteryManager, because I had both. hopefully I have one the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back