Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey there,
I am thinking about giving my mid 2012 MacBook Pro the a well deserved rest and replace it with a new laptop. It should work well with Premiere and Lightroom. Of course it will not have the same performance as the 4GHz i7, Z170, GTX960 setup I am working on stationary. But after reading through some guides I saw that a not working graphics card is a pretty regular thing, which would absolutely break the deal for me.
So any suggestions on what to buy?
Help is much appreciated!

Hey there,
I am thinking about giving my mid 2012 MacBook Pro the a well deserved rest and replace it with a new laptop. It should work well with Premiere and Lightroom. Of course it will not have the same performance as the 4GHz i7, Z170, GTX960 setup I am working on stationary. But after reading through some guides I saw that a not working graphics card is a pretty regular thing, which would absolutely break the deal for me.
So any suggestions on what to buy?
Help is much appreciated!

Read the laptop FAQ for links and other details regarding laptop hacks:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thank you, but I already did read those threads and found no answers.

there are gaming laptops out there that has dedicated nvidia or amd cards

most laptops have dual switching graphics, intel+nvidia or intel+amd

with those laptops, only the intel graphics will work

It is your task to find an appropriate laptop (based on your needs and expected compatibility of the components), so don't expect the guides to have any list of laptops...

It is your task to find an appropriate laptop (based on your needs and expected compatibility of the components), so don't expect the guides to have any list of laptops...

Maybe this post is in the wrong child forum, then please move it, to where you think it is more appropriate to ask for assistance on finding a good solution for a problem about anybody that built a laptop already had.
I went through some research now and wasn't able to find any intel chip that gets build into a laptop that has no internal GPU. So I'm wondering if using the internal GPU only has enough resources to power Premiere Pro an Lightroom.

Maybe this post is in the wrong child forum, then please move it, to where you think it is more appropriate to ask for assistance on finding a good solution for a problem about anybody that built a laptop already had.

You can find existing guides in the appropriate guides forums.
For example, for High Sierra laptop guides:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/high-sierra-laptop-guides.193/

I went through some research now and wasn't able to find any intel chip that gets build into a laptop that has no internal GPU. So I'm wondering if using the internal GPU only has enough resources to power Premiere Pro an Lightroom.

For some gaming laptops, although the CPU has a built-in IGPU, the OEM may choose not to use it, leaving only a dedicated discrete graphics device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back