Contribute
Register

general problems with pavilion dv6 6154nr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your help once again
I didn't see any ps2 code on monitoring the brightness buttons through system.log and so I'm stuck with the ACPI debug method however I don't have Xcode installed and I'm not much of a programmer,is there anyway to build ACPIDebug.kext without Xcode or is there a final version of this kext somewhere I can download
thank you for your help so far

Read the README. There is a pre-built ACPIDebug.kext linked.

Man you're a life saver
i was able to get a patch for the battery manager in your repo and the brightness buttons now work
thanks a lot for that :clap:
but theres still one problem
anytime i put my computer to sleep it sleeps then wakes immediately and if left alone it repeats the process over and over again
i checked for wake reason and got this

<Debug>: Wake reason: GLAN
<Debug>: Wake reason: PWRB GLAN (User)
please is there anything i can do about this?

Man you're a life saver
i was able to get a patch for the battery manager in your repo and the brightness buttons now work
thanks a lot for that :clap:
but theres still one problem
anytime i put my computer to sleep it sleeps then wakes immediately and if left alone it repeats the process over and over again
i checked for wake reason and got this

<Debug>: Wake reason: GLAN
<Debug>: Wake reason: PWRB GLAN (User)
please is there anything i can do about this?

For instant wake: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "6-series USB"
Also, install GenericUSBXCHI.kext, and use kernel flag -gux_defer_usb2

Do you mean I should use the kernel flag on boot or partch it to my dsdt

Do you mean I should use the kernel flag on boot or partch it to my dsdt

Both. All requirements are listed in my previous post.

Note: You do not need GenericUSBXHCI.kext if you don't have USB3. Note2: The -gux_defer_usb2 kernel flag is specifically for GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

I'm very sorry but I'm confused on how to use the kernel flag and I already had genericusbxhci.kext installed via multibeast

I'm very sorry but I'm confused on how to use the kernel flag and I already had genericusbxhci.kext installed via multibeast

-gux_defer_usb2 is a kernel flag for GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

You use it like any other kernel flag. Place in "Kernel Flags" section of org.chameleon.boot.plist or if using Clover in config.plist/Boot/Arguments.

Thank you very much
that worked
You've solved virtually all the problems I listed at the beginning of the thread
I'm really grateful and I hope that one day become, an experienced programmer like you.
Thanks again

Thank you very much
that worked
You've solved virtually all the problems I listed at the beginning of the thread
I'm really grateful and I hope that one day become, an experienced programmer like you.
Thanks again

Congrats & enjoy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back