Contribute
Register

General Hackintosh help (noob here) | Clover Boot logo??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z170x Gaming 7 Gigabyte
CPU
i7 6700 Intel
Graphics
GTX 980 Nvidia
Hey guys,

I have had a hackintosh for around 1 month then moved to windows for a few months then back to a hackintosh.
I have everything working correctly i can reboot with no USB, have my GPU drivers installed etc. I just have 2 noob questions to ask:
1) When i re-boot my PC i always get prompt with the clover boot page asking me to boot into hackintosh or windows recovery, how do i automatically choose to boot into my SSD with hackintosh installed on it??
2) When the Sierra update comes out to the public properly can i just install it via the app store like a normal mac, or do i need to re-install? And other updates can i do though the app store, like i have a normal mac?

thanks

Lorenzo

No, you have to do a clean install of macOS Sierra when it comes out.

No, you have to do a clean install of macOS Sierra when it comes out.
damm! also regarding the normal updates, can they be done via the app store?

Hey guys,

I have had a hackintosh for around 1 month then moved to windows for a few months then back to a hackintosh.
I have everything working correctly i can reboot with no USB, have my GPU drivers installed etc. I just have 2 noob questions to ask:
1) When i re-boot my PC i always get prompt with the clover boot page asking me to boot into hackintosh or windows recovery, how do i automatically choose to boot into my SSD with hackintosh installed on it??
2) When the Sierra update comes out to the public properly can i just install it via the app store like a normal mac, or do i need to re-install? And other updates can i do though the app store, like i have a normal mac?

thanks

Lorenzo

1) In Clover boot options, you can set your "Timeout" variable to "0" which will NOT load the Clover GUI and autoboot OS X, or whatever system you like. I use this for computers ONLY running OS X, because if you need to get into Windows, it can be a pain to get back to the Clover boot menu.

2) You most likely CAN simply install Sierra using the built in App Store, however, it's recommended you do either a clean install or an upgrade install via USB. No reason to wipe your system - this isn't 2010. Just make sure you have a backup, and be aware that things are going to break and you'll need to work to fix them. Same with updates. I've always updated direct from the App Store with Clover - just be aware updates can break things depending on your system.

-IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back