Contribute
Register

Gen Machine Ren7000 Mini PC AMD Ryzen 5 7530U with Radeon Graphics

I have four Logi/Logitech Keyboard/mouse combos, 2 x K270, 1 x K540 (best!) and K400r (built-in trackpad).

Just found the Apple Keyboard and Mouse, so now need to switch Hack's to test them with the Intel BT on the Gen Machine Ren 7000 system.

Apple Keyboard and Trackpad connected without issues. Using them right now!

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 22.27.48.png 2 x Keyboards and 1 x trackpad connected, without issues

I tested with my wife's keyboard and my trackpad first, then found my keyboard. If you were wondering why the names for the devices are different.

Shows battery remaining for each device, so works as well as it does with a Broadcom BT module.

Mouse batteries might be dead, as that didn't show in Bluetooth System Settings.

Trackpad System settings show all the normal gestures and options.

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 22.29.47.png I've not changed anything from the default settings.

Found another Apple Mouse and this one works. Also reconnected my wife's keyboard, just to see how the system behaves with 4 x BT devices connected.

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 22.35.52.png 4 x BT Devices connected to Intel BT

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 22.36.08.png System Settings > Mouse options, again not changed from defaults

So you should be good to go with your Intel AX200/AX210 Bluetooth and Apple Keyboard/Mouse/Trackpad.

Just for clarity, these tests were undertaken on the Gen Machine Ren 7000 system running Sonoma 14.4.1.

This is awesome :) Many thanks for the experiment.Will check if it working under Monterey by myself. I use Monterey on my hackintosh and 12years+ old macbooks patched by OLCP. If my experiment will fail, i can install Sonoma.

Just make sure you use the specific Airportitlwm.kext designated for macOS Monterey. As I am running Sonoma on my Gen Machine system, I use the Sonoma specific kext (latest Alpha release).

Just make sure you use the specific Airportitlwm.kext designated for macOS Monterey. As I am running Sonoma on my Gen Machine system, I use the Sonoma specific kext (latest Alpha release).
Thanks for a good advice.

Good day. I just finished struggle with this little beast. Ed's EFI was useful for my build, the few changes i made are following
1. changed number of cores, before that installation did not start
2. removed Sonoma and Ventura intel wifi kexts, included Monterey compatible and changed maxkernel and minkernel to match Monterey.

I still doubt that Airdrop works properly, it is availiable but i can't see any other device. I have my old hackintosh nearby that also run Monterey with broadcomm wifi card with fully functional airdrop.

For those who are interested i bought this PC on aliexpress for about 220USD barebone version.

Blip is a good alternative to Airdrop.

Blip is a good alternative to Airdrop.
Thanks for suggestion. I will check this out. You guys made hackintoshing job very easy. I remember my first experience with HP mini and Snow leopard almost 12 years ago. Now it is like usual installation of any other OS.

I will try to install broadcomm wifi card to mini-PC to see if it make difference with Airdrop and fix keyboard connecton after wake-up. I personally prefer hackintosh to be as close as possible to Apple computer.

Also i experienced crashing Fusion 360 app on GenMachine hackintosh and too noisy fan which i can`t control with iStats menu or MacFan control. If you are aware how to fix fan management i would be very appreciated.

I’ve not used AutoDesk Fusion 360, so have no idea why the app would be problematic. I only use AutoCAD LT on my GenMachine system.

The only time the fan is loud on my GenMachine is when I first turn it on, it then quietens down so it doesn’t sound like there is a plane taking off from my desk.

Fusion is not a problem already, there is a fix availiable for this particular issue. Autodesk made update which work ok on Intel hackintosh, but not working on AMD. Developers do not have Ryzentosh for debugging ;-)

Back