Contribute
Register

Geforce GTX 670M - Any one able to get this card working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI GT60
CPU
i7-3610QM
Graphics
GeForce GTX 670M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
MSI
GT600NC-004US

Graphics Card
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 670M

CPU Type
Intel Core i7

CPU Speed
3610QM(2.30GHz)

Chipset
Intel HM77

CPU Type
Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHz

Any one got this card work. My Mountain lion is installed but the os is running on the default 16mb display graphics under info. Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks

I have a laptop with the similar hardware.
My laptop is Clenvo P151EM, 3720QM + HD4000 + gtx670m
I do not know whether my laptop is compatiable with ML.

If somebody get ML successfully work on mobilty ivy bridge, I would like to try my laptop.

If similiar specs you should be able to run ML on it. ML is running on mine but I don't have full graphics capabilities as well as ethenet. I just use the Apple usb ethernet, and works great. Gotta get the video card and sound to work and I should be good.

I looked up your Laptop on xoticpc.com and unfortunetly you bought one that had Optimus enabled so it not supported. I almost made that same mistake myself but I always refer to the specs now. It can go either way and with such a high 670M gamers card its a a shame they enabled Optimus.

I need to search this out, but I thought I remember seeing someone create an Optimus workaround with a GT540m. Hopefully the same type of thing is possible with the 670, I have the Sager 9130 which is the laptop in question - but for me it doesnt matter anymore - I'm rebuilding a desktop to satisfy my hackintosh needs and will most like just get the ASUS ultrabook - that one actually has a trackpad I can live with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back