Contribute
Register

Geforce GTX 570

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone had any luck with a 570, asus p8p67 deluxe mobo, and lion?

i got it to work at full resolution with CUDA (i installed it, so i think CUDA was working >_>) yesterday (but that was from a SL>lion install defined as a mac pro 1,3 rather than a clean lion install like all of my other attempts). dvd player worked and looked fine, internet browsing worked, but i didn't try any games. however, i did something to make it KP every time i tried to boot back into it (not really sure what i did...). so i did a clean install following toosixy's guide and got lion working again. however, i've tried to get the 570 working again and i just can't seem to do it :-/.

i've followed the insanelymac guide multiple times but have not gotten it to work yet. each time (i've done a few clean lion installs now :rolleyes: ), after i add the 1081 line to NVDAGF100Hal.kext's info.plist and restart (immediately or after doing other things before restarting, it doesn't matter), i can get to the apple boot logo then the screen goes black for a few seconds and i see a beautiful, full screen, 1080p kernel panic :rolleyes: . so what i end up having to do is boot with the PCIRootUID=1 flag to get back in without a KP (which has it in 1024x768 only).

like i said, regardless of what i do after adding that line in the info.plist (it seems), i cannot get it to work. i've tried doing everything before rebooting (the whole post on insanelymac), i've tried doing step-by-step according to some of your guys' posts, i've tried doing it one step at a time (restarting in between each step), and i've tried only doing parts of the guide... nothing works :(

i suspected that having my system definition as an iMac (as toosixy's guide has you do) was a problem, but i just did a clean install with a mac pro 1,3 definition, and it still doesn't work.

also, i have two 570s installed atm, but i don't think that's the problem since i got it working the first time...

so right now (on my latest attempt), i have changed the info.plist line, copied ATY_Init (which does go in /System/Library/Extensions, right?), and installed CUDA. again, have to use PCIRootUID=1 to boot without a KP (only 1024x768 is supported when i do this).

--EDIT--

so i read in a few places that you had to have the arch as i386 rather than x86_64, so i went ahead and changed that in com.apple.boot.plist thinking that was perhaps the problem. well... now i get KPs no matter what xD doesn't even get past the apple logo. so i think i'm gonna have to clean install again :rolleyes: .

despite my outcome, could that have been a problem?

to get it working I added

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386 npci=0x2000</string> in the apple.boot

installed the aty init kext, and put the device id in the nvidia kext.

when everything worked I installed the cuda driver. All is good

Hi

I have a working SL osx86 machine, with an Ati 5770.

But i recently bought a 3D monitor with NVidia Vision, and my ati card is slower for this.

So i need to buy a new video card, but i´m studing first looking for compatibility things about Nvidia products.

reading this thread, i ended on understanding that Nvidia 5xx cards works with all resolutions on OSX SL withouth QE/CI (acceleration, right?).

I use OSX JUST for make music with Ableton Live, which means that i'm always using 2D apps.

Maybe i can buy an Nvidia 5XX card, because i need no aceleration for this purpose. Am i wrong?

For anything else, i use Win7 on the same machine.

I don't want to install Lion, i have perfectly configured my Snow Leopard with a lot of vst plugins installed...

what do you think about my idea?

thanks,
Sergio.

Successfully installed 2xGTX570 evga sc cards on an Asrock P67 Fatal1ty Pro Board with 16GB Ram and an i7 2600k processor. Thanks to aquamac's guide on efi strings, graphics enabler (yes), graphics mode (null), and pciroot=1 npci=2000 flags.

Chimera bootloader from Multibeast fixed the bootup panic (was on chameleon rc5 since the Lion fresh install). Just inserted the device id in the NVDAG100Hal.kext (1086) and applied Netkas' OpenCL hex fixes then prepared the efi strings for both cards using aquamac's guide.

Now running on cuda drivers 4.0.21 (cuda-z sees both cards) and tested the system on Davinci Resolve Lite successfully.

Thanks to tonymac, aquamac, netkas and all the rest who have been posting both here and on insanelymac. And thanks to Luigi Valttulini for the inspiration.

Now on to fixing dsdt to be able to run the hack without nullcpu.

hello dear people,
I was wondering if the GTX570 will work in Snow Leopard. I've been looking around quite some time now but only found success story's on Lion. Also, in my Snow Leopard installation I didn't find the NVDAGF100Hal kext which needs to be edited, only NVDANV40Hal and NVDANV50Hal kexts.

Anyone knows more about this?

thanks in advance!

Alright, I'm getting a bit frustrated with this (although I'm also frustrated with Lion's lack of ability to create new 802.1x profiles but whatever). Does anyone have a definitive guide to getting a GTX 570 to work under Lion? I've tried everything I could find so far but nothing works.

I've gone through the Weezey Geek guide and I can't even get my resolution to appear in the Display settings menu, let alone enable hardware acceleration.

Has anyone gotten the GTX 570 working yet, out of curiosity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back