Graphics
Nvidia GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys i just build my first Hackintosh and it runs great. I am currently on HD3000 grafix and want to upgrade... Like a said im a noob so i need a grafix card that will be easy to install. Can you give me you opinion or experience with the card below?

I do a lot of photo and video editing. Final Cut Pro and Premier CS6...

Newegg.com - MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
(sorry about the lazy link, not sure how to work this forum yet)

currently running Lion 10.7.4 (not planning to upgare to Mt Lion until smarter guys like you work out the kinks of doing so)

Hi guys i just build my first Hackintosh and it runs great. I am currently on HD3000 grafix and want to upgrade... Like a said im a noob so i need a grafix card that will be easy to install. Can you give me you opinion or experience with the card below?

I do a lot of photo and video editing. Final Cut Pro and Premier CS6...

Newegg.com - MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
(sorry about the lazy link, not sure how to work this forum yet)

currently running Lion 10.7.4 (not planning to upgare to Mt Lion until smarter guys like you work out the kinks of doing so)

The 2gb of ram on that card is basically useless and for what it costs, you could get a 570 which will be significantly faster and better for your purposes.

This 570 is $10 cheaper or the same price after the rebate on the other card and there's no waiting 8 weeks after the excessively complicated and obnoxious procedure for claiming the rebate.
Newegg.com - MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr II GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

An amount of ram above stock (1gb for a 560) is just a marketing ploy to get you to spend more money.

Actually, ML seems to be a significant overall improvement for hackintoshing. There's a LOT better support for a lot of things.

Thanks that really helped! i will go for the card you told me. i just need to save a lil bit more. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back