Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello All - long time reader, first time poster!

I just set up my first Hackintosh and it's all up and running and great, but I'm having trouble getting GPU Acceleration to work with my GTS 450 in PP CS5. I've followed all of the nvidia/cuda driver install instructions as well as the guides on how to get CS5 to recognize the 450, and everything works fine if I turn GPU Acceleration off, but once I turn it on the video either doesn't show up or looks like this:
screencapturepo.png

Video card currently shows up under Graphics as "Unknown nVidia card" with 0 VRAM. I see no ripples in Dashboard.

Any ideas?

Here are my specs:
Gigabyte x58A UD3R
i7 930 2.8
Gigabyte GTS 450 1GB

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for having such a helpful community!

I don't have CS5 but if you want the system to recognize your card correctly, try booting with the new chameleon, i'm using 699 from the newest multibeast and it picks up the card correctly (name and vram), might help.

Thanks! I just updated to 699 as well as added an EFI string (from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11037&p=75091#p75091) for my card and reran tonymac's nvidia driver and cuda driver just to be safe. After a reboot,luckily the card is being identified properly now, but CS5 is still giving me this exact problem any time I use GPU acceleration. A real humdinger, this.

EDIT - crap, now I'm experiencing the random freezes other people complain about with this card. 5 days of no freezing, the computer finally knows what card is inside of it and it freezes. Could these be related?

nicksnow said:
Thanks! I just updated to 699 as well as added an EFI string (from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11037&p=75091#p75091) for my card and reran tonymac's nvidia driver and cuda driver just to be safe. After a reboot,luckily the card is being identified properly now, but CS5 is still giving me this exact problem any time I use GPU acceleration. A real humdinger, this.

EDIT - crap, now I'm experiencing the random freezes other people complain about with this card. 5 days of no freezing, the computer finally knows what card is inside of it and it freezes. Could these be related?

The deal is that the GTX/GTS 4xx cards arent officially supported by the drivers. There has also been reports of such freezes with the drivers. But, my GTX 465 has been giving me no troubles. You just have to deal with the glitches i guess. Stay posted for newer updates from Tony as I bet that he will try to fix the freezing issue.

Update!! I updated PP to 5.0.3 and it solved all my problems! If you're having issues, UPDATE!

WHat is PP? I am experience similar problems with video editing problems in general. Final Cut Pro and Adobe After Effects where my video is being played very slow. I have a GTS 250 and it sometimes will even play the raw video choppy in quicktime.

Please let us know what you mean by PP

PP CS5 is Adobe's Premier Pro 5. Its used for Video Post Prodution.

I'm sure it solved his distorted video problem but I'm also sure it didn't solve the freezing problem with these Fermi cards/drivers.

seamus22015 said:
PP CS5 is Adobe's Premier Pro 5. Its used for Video Post Prodution.

I'm sure it solved his distorted video problem but I'm also sure it didn't solve the freezing problem with these Fermi cards/drivers.

^Yep^

fisdj said:
WHat is PP? I am experience similar problems with video editing problems in general. Final Cut Pro and Adobe After Effects where my video is being played very slow. I have a GTS 250 and it sometimes will even play the raw video choppy in quicktime.

I have the same card, but no playback issues. The card was just set up as a Nvidia card through Multibeast. I am playing video through both external firewire and USB 2 and internal drives. What video drivers do you have?

lorvar said:
fisdj said:

I have the same card, but no playback issues. The card was just set up as a Nvidia card through Multibeast. I am playing video through both external firewire and USB 2 and internal drives. What video drivers do you have?

U guys taking advantage of hardware acceleration? It's really the only reason to use nvidia on hackintosh IMO. Pm me if u want me to post instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back