Contribute
Register

GeForce GT 730 2 GB and VGA Output

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'd like to build a new hackintosh. I saw that for optimal configuration for sleeping and wake up from sleeping, it's recommended to use an external graphic card and not internal from the motherboard I'd like to use on my future hackintosh (Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3)

This graphic card support VGA, DVI and HDMI for output video.

Could I do installation first on an old VGA screen thzat I already have and after buying a new screen and switching on it with HDMI output without problem on my existing install?

Or it's recommended to do installation and configuration directly with the good screen and output?

Thanks.

Hello,

I'd like to build a new hackintosh. I saw that for optimal configuration for sleeping and wake up from sleeping, it's recommended to use an external graphic card and not internal from the motherboard I'd like to use on my future hackintosh (Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3)

This graphic card support VGA, DVI and HDMI for output video.

Could I do installation first on an old VGA screen thzat I already have and after buying a new screen and switching on it with HDMI output without problem on my existing install?

Or it's recommended to do installation and configuration directly with the good screen and output?

Thanks.

Apple hasn't had VGA output on any of their computers for many, many years, and therefore VGA isn't supported in OS X. You won't be able to use it for installation. Get the new monitor first.

Apple hasn't had VGA output on any of their computers for many, many years, and therefore VGA isn't supported in OS X. You won't be able to use it for installation. Get the new monitor first.

Ok, and if I use DVI, I could switch easyly to another screen after using same output or changing it to HDMI?

Thanks.

Ok, and if I use DVI, I could switch easyly to another screen after using same output or changing it to HDMI?

Thanks.

If I understand correctly, you're asking if you can switch from DVI to HDMI after installation - the answer is yes, that should not be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back