GTX 960
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys,

I'm tempted to buy a graphic card (this one) with passive cooling based on the chipset NVidia GeForce GT 720. Does anyone knows if it will/would work ok on hackintosh?

Thanks for your help!

Hi I Use a Kepler card (gtx650)

Just remember to use these flags when you install Mavericks

npci=0x2000 and GraphicsEnabler=No

I got an equivalent card, the fanless evga GT 720 (0G-P3-2722-KR), working fine on a Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI.

I had to use the nVidia Web driver, in this case the one from 12/23.

Great for driving desktop display at 4k over HDMI, obviously not a card for gaming.

I got an equivalent card, the fanless evga GT 720 (0G-P3-2722-KR), working fine on a Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI.

Great for driving desktop display at 4k over HDMI, obviously not a card for gaming.

i can't find a card with code 0G-P3-2722-KR. i can only find 01G-P3-2722-KR. is yours actually 0G-P3-2722-KR or is it 01G-P3-2722-KR. thanks.

I bought a Palit GT 720 and the only way to display at least anything is to use nv_disable=1.
How did you manage it to get the Web Driver installed?

I bought a Palit GT 720 and the only way to display at least anything is to use nv_disable=1.
How did you manage it to get the Web Driver installed?

there is some kexts or you can create a kexts for this card ?:beachball:

I'm a little confused; I've used a GT 740 and I didn't have to do anything special to install Yosemite or El Capitan (no boot options, kexts, etc.). I would have thought it was similar enough to the GT 720 (both Kepler, at any rate). Maybe just because I'm on the newer OS?

Hi guys, I know its been a while since you started this thread, but I bought this card for a new build and its not working with Mountain Lion 10.8.5. I know its an oldie now but I need that system for compatiblity issues with my external audio card.

So, I could get the card to boot into the desktop but I dont have full aceleration.
Maybe the webdrivers I installed dont have the id of this asus silent card.

Could maybe Rael11 tell us wich versión of the web drivers is the one that worked with yours.

I've tried the 313.01.03.f01 for Mountain loon but didnt get it properly working.

Thanks so much!

did you update to high sierra?

I am doing fresh high sierra install and I have a 720 card lying around

What drivers /settings do I need?

mrkk I am running High Sierra 10.13.3 on the GeForce GT 720. I don't think i had to use any flags, although i was using an RX 550 for the installation, but it wasn't compatible with macOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back