CPU
i7
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So, using my Intel i7-860 and Intel DP55WB, I got everything I need working...except audio. My card is an EVGA GeForce GT 240 (one that's even recommended in the CustomMac page), and I've tried running Multibeast to fix it, in the configuration shown here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15635&hilit=EVGA+GT+240

Now, I confess I didn't touch my DSDTs at all, because I'm paranoid about my newb self messing with something that important. Are there any ideas for getting my audio working without touching the DSDTs? Failing that, is there a decent video tutorial for installing DSDTs (I ask for video because I learn better that way)?

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Okay, so, once again displaying my lack of detailed knowledge, what should I do to fix that?

Sorry I can't be more descriptive. Thanks for putting up with my amateur-ness.

Okay, after looking more closely at my card, yes. That appears to be the problem. My audio's going through my HDMI port on my EVGA, when I want it to be going through the headphone jack on my motherboard. Any suggestions?

I don't think you've got audio over HDMI w/o a patched dsdt.aml. And you don't have to tick that options in Multibeast from the link you gave in your 1st post. This options i mentioned on the other thread are for Realtek audio codecs while you have Intel HD Audio

Noon3rs said:
Okay, so since I have an Intel, that means that I should....?
That means that you have to delete all installed audio kexts and codecs and after that you should install VoddooHDA in addition with System Utilities ticked in Multibeast

I'm following this fairly closely as Ive got another string open with similar questions

I know to go to the /s/l/e and delete any kexts that have HDA in them, but how do I find out which codecs are installed?

thanks

Yeah, pretty much what pan said. I'm trying to look around for the kexts, but I really don't know what I'm doing. Where would I find them? Thanks for helping the newb again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back