geforce 9800gt xfx
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys,

I am a fan of this forum and many times tried to hackintosh my old'n good PC, but always without much success. In fact, the installation is completed, but I can't seem to make the OSX detect my geforce 9800gt (and the rest of 16gb RAM).

So, I trully believe my spec is not that good and I would like to know if everything is ok.

So, here it is:

MoBo: Gygabyte S2-H55mHP
CPU: Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, 2661 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
VGA: nVidia GeForce 9800gt 1gb
HDD: 1.5Tb
RAM: 16gb DDR3

Is there anything I could change here? Any advices?

Hello guys,

I am a fan of this forum and many times tried to hackintosh my old'n good PC, but always without much success. In fact, the installation is completed, but I can't seem to make the OSX detect my geforce 9800gt (and the rest of 16gb RAM).

So, I trully believe my spec is not that good and I would like to know if everything is ok.

So, here it is:

MoBo: Gigabyte S2-H55mHP
CPU: Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, 2661 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
VGA: nVidia GeForce 9800gt 1gb
HDD: 1.5Tb
RAM: 16gb DDR3

Is there anything I could change here? Any advices?

I used a Galaxy 9800GT Green video card before and it worked great with both Snow Leopard and Lion. I currently use a 9800GTX+ and it works fine with Snow Leopard (10.6.8), Lion (10.7.5) and Mountain Lion (10.8.2).

Which version of Mac OSX are you attempting to install?

First I tried Snow Leopard and then Lion, with no luck.

My basic problems are: No VGA and no 16gb ram, only 4.

I've tried everything!

First I tried Snow Leopard and then Lion, with no luck.

My basic problems are: No VGA and no 16gb ram, only 4.

I've tried everything!

Are you using iBoot to boot? If so recognition of only 4GB RAM is normal, you need to get it to boot from the hard disk before the system will recognize the full amount of RAM.

Have you tried to connect via the DVI port of your card? My previous 9800GT Green worked great with the VGA output but may be yours don't?

Well, I used this new installation method of Unibeast and evertyhing is being detected so far (except audio).

But still, when I install Multibeast for audio, DSDT and etc, it keeps giving me Kernel Panics. I would like to know if anyone here have installed Mountain Lion on a GA-H55M-S2HP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back