Acer Aspire 3
CPU
i5-10210u
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

after a fresh install of 10.6 on my system and the succesful update to 10.6.7 my graphics card is causing some trouble... qe/ci seems to work but the animations (minimize a window to dock) are still laggy. efi strings don't seem to solve this problem. also the dashboard isn't shown correctly as you can see in the picture...

anyone an idea how to get rid of it?

I have an OC 8600gt 512MB of ram. I just recently replaced it myself however I had no issues in 10.6.7 (even running TF2 @ 720p flawlessly).

I def don't think your dock is having an issue from the Video Card. I don't mean to be a jerk but did you use a retail install disc of snow leopard? Also, what version of Tony Mac discs did you use?

I have 10.6.0 up to 10.6.7 with 0 flaws. This leads me to think that...

1. Bad Install - missing graphics update, bad install disc....
2. Bad Video Card - issues with the card itself for lagging...
3. Bad setup of graphics / bootloader combination.... this plus reason #1 combined I'd bet
4. Flavor of 8600 card - PC vs Laptop Mobile? If it's a laptop then that's a WHOLE other bag of worms. :(

I myself just did a fresh install and installed chameleon bootloader and used graphicsenabler=yes. It is possible that a newer version of chameleon could have screwed up the system. Also, if you had another video card on your system and then changed it, there is a slight possibility that could've screwed it up.

Yes, used a retail DVD which was loaded by the iBoot disc (and multibeast after update to 10.6.7 for installing Chameleon). Had no issues running the update to 10.6.7 also, everything is working as it should. QE/CI is fully functional, only the animations when minimizing to the dock are laggy. So can't be a bad install I think...

I only use the GraphicsEnabler=Yes option in boot.plist, no others enablers installed.

Oh and it's an desktop pc, GA-P35-DS3 mobo.

(The problem with the dashboard seems to be solved, don't know where the problem was but it's gone now...)

One other thing it's a long shot, but I've read of issues with certain cards + monitor combination.

Is it possible for you to try another monitor (have one on hand or borrow one)? Could be a signal delay issue.

I had 8600GT on a GA-G33M board. I used the NVEnabler kext and didn't have that problem. Have you try to use NVEnabler instead of the Graphic Enabler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back