Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite DDR4
CPU
i5-13600KF
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Hi everyone.

I made a hack for my dad with an Asus 8400GS 512 DDR2 and all is working fine.

Now i'm making a new one, and sure about the 8400GS i bought a new one, a Gaiward 1Gb DDR3. The sistem doesn't boot. With the old installation it stops on the gray apple screen, with iBoot CD the message "You need to shut down, hold down the power button..." appears!!!

Same pc with my dad's Asus 8400GS works fine!

So I bought a Palit 8400GS on ebay, it was written 512Mb DDR2... it arrived and it is a 512Mb DDR3!!!!!! It doesn't work too!!!!!!!!!! Please help! Is it a DDR3 problem?

brixx said:
Hi everyone.

I made a hack for my dad with an Asus 8400GS 512 DDR2 and all is working fine.

Now i'm making a new one, and sure about the 8400GS i bought a new one, a Gaiward 1Gb DDR3. The sistem doesn't boot. With the old installation it stops on the gray apple screen, with iBoot CD the message "You need to shut down, hold down the power button..." appears!!!

Same pc with my dad's Asus 8400GS works fine!

So I bought a Palit 8400GS on ebay, it was written 512Mb DDR2... it arrived and it is a 512Mb DDR3!!!!!! It doesn't work too!!!!!!!!!! Please help! Is it a DDR3 problem?

im using a Zotac 8400GS with 512MB DDR3 and im not having any problem with booting. try booting with -x or -v or combine them to see what really causes the KP

Here what appens with -v

Some problem with VodooHDADevice it seams, and than it tells cpu(s) failing to respond to interrupt...

see attachment

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 185
Try PCIRootUID=1 / -x PCIRootUID=1

voodooHDA is the high def audio kext, wonder why changing graphic card makes it work/not working...hmmmm...try booting from iboot with -x flag on your SL, then remove that kext, run multibeast again but select only system utilities then reboot and see if it still causes KPs with the DDR3 cards.

Can't believe it, it was the audio!

Disabled the audio in the bios and now i can boot. Anyway i'm absolutely sure that the 1Gb version didn't boot also on my hack (core i3 sandy b.)!!!

Now the problem is that I only have 1024 resolution. Tried with PCIRootUID=1, and with graphicsenabler kext with no success... maybe it's something related to the card ID?

brixx said:
Can't believe it, it was the audio!

Disabled the audio in the bios and now i can boot. Anyway i'm absolutely sure that the 1Gb version didn't boot also on my hack (core i3 sandy b.)!!!

Now the problem is that I only have 1024 resolution. Tried with PCIRootUID=1, and with graphicsenabler kext with no success... maybe it's something related to the card ID?

have you finished all the post-install? installed tonymac nvidia driver as well? try reading this thread as well:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12646&hilit=EVGA+8400

and good luck! :thumbup:

Thaks, that topic is interesting.

I opened the info.plist inside NVDAV50Hal.kext, now I don't know how to add my device ID Can someone help in that...?

My sistem profiler tells me: Vendor NVIDIA (0x10de), Device ID 0x10c3, Revision 0x00a2

Inside the info.plist things are different, there is onli a 0x at the beginning and then i don't know exactly how to put my ID

brixx said:
Thaks, that topic is interesting.

I opened the info.plist inside NVDAV50Hal.kext, now I don't know how to add my device ID Can someone help in that...?

My sistem profiler tells me: Vendor NVIDIA (0x10de), Device ID 0x10c3, Revision 0x00a2

Inside the info.plist things are different, there is onli a 0x at the beginning and then i don't know exactly how to put my ID

dont use system profiler, use the DPCIManager software instead (you have to look for it first) and see what your device ID. for editing the kext i use terminal :D

sudo su - [enter]
password: [enter your login password]
root# cd /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV50Hal.kext/Contents/
nano Info.plist
press down to the point you want to edit and add your device id
this is what mine looks like:
Code:
                        <key>IOMatchCategory</key>
                        <string>IOService</string>
                        <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
                        <string>
                0x10c310de&amp;0xfff0ffff
                0x00f010de&amp;0xfff0ffff
                0x019010de&amp;0xfff0ffff
                0x040010de&amp;0xfff0ffff
                0x042010de&amp;0xfff0ffff

dont forget to run multibeast after you're done to fix permission, just select the "system utilities" and run it.

I tried but that tells me unrecognized card on the graphics! Onlu sistem profileranno tells me the ID!

Anyway i think it is also about the audio cause the graphic card has hdmi and audio support! Because with 9600gt and audio enabled on the bios it boots and workstation fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back