Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hello again everybody,
geekbench is only giving my ram 3500 and my processor 9000. if i switch to windows and run geekbench i get almost double scores for all categories. i have xmp enabled, set all the processor options to enabled..

im running 10.6.8 on p67a-d3-b3 with 2x4gb gskill, 2600k. and before i ran the update i removed any 3rd party kexts, preventing the kernel panic. i will experiment with the fakesmc plugins, maybe auto patch my board but if anyone has some tips it would be much appreciated.
thanks

Attachments

• 2600k.png
    2600k.png
    130.2 KB · Views: 283
You have to enable all the controls for energy efficiency.

EIST
C3/C6
C1E

And, if you want, Thermal Monitor. With the original stock, you should have a bench around 12,662. You have to enable the parameters that I mentioned before (Because if I disable, I, the control of energy savings, I also have a bench like your 5996).

Create a beautiful DSDT, and set your Snow Leopard as an MacPro3, 1.

Propagating with my set up [x34], by setting:

1) The ram on my frequency (1600MHz)
2) creating a DSDT manually (I used Auto DSDT Patcher by setting "Generic" and then I added all the patches that are on my card to work great)
3) Set GenerateCStates=Yes and GeneratePStates=Yes in com.apple.Boot.plis
4) Select the definition of: MacPro3.1

I had a benchmark around that value: 12963. I do not remember well.

Now, I have the processor at 4.2 GHz and my Bench with:

> NovaBech: 1687
> Cinebench CPU: 8.67
> GeekBench: 15392
> Xbench: 320

I'm still finding the best settings. Although, to be honest, I just as well.

I will double check but I'm pretty sure I have all of those options including thermal set to enable. I will have to try that generic dsdt I've just been using the database one.

I spent the better part of my day tweaking performance and then reinstalling. Strangely enough when I reinstalled and was on 10.6.7 with the bridgehelper kernel I was getting more appropriate scores, like 12000+. if anyone hasn't upgraded to 10.6.8 yet but is planning to, could you run geek bench before and after, then post results here?

Like I said I will try the dsdt & power saving settings but from what I've seen you may not want to lose that bridge helper iMac kernel just yet

did all the things you suggested including making generic dsdt and still getting 9k on the 10.8 kernel, 18k on the bridgehelper imac kernel.

I even loaded the old kernel into 10.6.8 and ran geekbench with the same results. im almost 100% certain the new kernel is the problem.

I was using imac 12,1 & switching to mac pro 3,1 fixed everything on the 10.6.8 kernel. pretty weird thats all it took but as always thank you gordo

Hey junglistmassive,

I'm having the same problem.. when I was on 10.6.7 I was getting around 12K but now with 10.6.8 I'm getting a Geekbench around 7000.... but I'm running imac12.1 and I think when I switch to macpro 3.1, assuming having the SB processor I get a KP...
what did you do to fix your problem? I have all the bios setting done correctly as well... :(
any help would be great.

Thanks

i7 2600
Z68-UD4-B3
16 GIG RAM
GTS 450

PooyaNabei,

Make sure your bios settings are enabled not auto, get the dsdt from database, and then pull the smbios off iboot and copy it to efi.. are you using multi beast to change your definition? If it still doesn't work just boot verbose and post the break here

PooyaNabei said:
(...)I'm running imac12.1 and I think when I switch to macpro 3.1, assuming having the SB processor I get a KP...(...)

Do you just think to get a KP or do you really get one?
MacPro3,1 has been in use well before sandy bridge came out.
Try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back