Zotac GTS250 eco
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I noticed recently that my GeekBench64 scores drop significantly (ca 20%) upon waking from sleep:

Not quite awake.png

This occurs in both my 10.6.5 and 10.6.4 builds.

I'm using the latest F14 DSDT from the database and F14 Bios. Anyone else seen this?

Attachments

• Not quite awake.png
    Not quite awake.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 416
Re: Geekbench scores drop after sleep

Just checked Cinebench scores before and after sleep.

CPU score down 10%
OpenGL drops almost 50%! o_O

Before and after sleep.png

Has anyone else seen any changes like this with sleep or is this specific to my rig?

Attachments

• Before and after sleep.png
    Before and after sleep.png
    263.2 KB · Views: 410
Found the solution.

Apparently this only started affecting me after I started using the generatepstates/generatecstates and dropssdt statements in the boot.plist.

By going back to hard coded c/p states in the dsdt.aml, I no longer lose performance after sleep.

Hope that helps.

xeir said:
Found the solution.

Apparently this only started affecting me after I started using the generatepstates/generatecstates and dropssdt statements in the boot.plist.

By going back to hard coded c/p states in the dsdt.aml, I no longer lose performance after sleep.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the update and suggested solution, but my com.apple.boot.plist is fairly generic. The only thing slightly unusual I do there is hide a partition:

<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>hd(2,1)</string>
</dict>

and I'm using the (unedited by me) DSDT from the database for F14 for my motherboard.

Thanks again. I do appreciate at least hearing that I'm not the only one seeing this.

Hi...

Same problem for me. Loosing 20-30% of performance after sleep, 7800 geekbench score at startup, 5000 after wake up from sleep. I'm using EasyBeast, no custom DSDT and a standard no edited boot plist:

<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>

Does somebody know why this occurs?

Thanks!

GinTonic said:
Hi...

Same problem for me. Loosing 20-30% of performance after sleep, 7800 geekbench score at startup, 5000 after wake up from sleep. I'm using EasyBeast, no custom DSDT and a standard no edited boot plist:

<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>

Thanks!
Why aren't you using a DSDT? On my UD5 I get similar scores before and after sleep.

MacMan said:
GinTonic said:
Hi...

<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>

Thanks!
Why aren't you using a DSDT? On my UD5 I get similar scores before and after sleep.

Hi MacMan,

Thanks for you quickly reply. I tried with custom DSDT from this site database too, and the same occurred. Same results, same performance with custom DSDT and EasyBest, but in EasyBeast i don't have the orange internal disk trouble. So i decided use easybeast, i'm so newbie on this so i don't know if i'm on right way or not.

Do you recommend me use custom DSDT instead of EasyBeast?

Thanks a lot,

MacMan said:

I know this question was not addressed to me, but I am using the DSDT from the database and see this issue. Just wondering if others see it too.

Hi again people,

after doing more tests these weeks with xbench i have not solved the issue, somebody has solved it or know what can i do?, is to strange the difference, i attach to xbench screenshots.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• Xbench.png
    Xbench.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 349
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back