Contribute
Register

GB Z390 Designare and fresh install of 10.15.4 using OpenCore. Thunderbolt not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
Radeon 5700XT + nVidia 2060 (linux boot)
Hi there,
I just installed from scratch 10.15.4 on my new system Z390 designer + i9900 + Radeon 5700XT + 64GB ram + Samsung 970 1TB.
The installation was done using OpenCore. Everything seems to be working except for the thunderbolt port.
When I look at the system info under Thunderbolt : it says that no Thunderbolt hardware was found.
I would have expected to see the Thunderbolt buses there.
Any idea as to what is happening?
Note that I disabled the Thunderbolt security and enabled the USB. CMS and VT-d are also disabled.
Any help in troubleshooting would be appreciated.
Thanks

You should activate TH device on windows first. Then you can use TH device on macos.

This is quite normal unless you've flashed your thunderbolt card with a modified firmware.

You do not need to boot into windows first.

For now, assuming your bios is correct (GPIO Force Power On), shut down and unplug your computer for 30 seconds. Plug in your TB device and power it on, boot into OS.

If you want a partially functioning Thunderbolt then there are man versions of an SSDT that will accomplish a partial thunderbolt node (ICM mode). This will show up under PCI devices.

If you want a full Thunderbolt Device you need to flash the firmware with a flash utility. This is under development.

Please read the CaseySJ guide thoroughly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back