Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have been trying to fix freezing issues forever on a D3HP build. And this isn't the 4-DIMM problem as I only have 2.

I even gave in and installed a Windows7 partition and it would freeze too, so it wasn't a hackintosh-specific thing. My latest attempt has been to install the F7c beta bios and now the Windows side no longer freezes. A couple of blue screens, but I figure that's just Windows being Windows.

On the Mac side I am no longer able to boot. I can boot ok in -x safe mode and -v isn't giving me much of a clue. It just hangs at a spot that isn't related to the last message I see. I saw some warnings from BluetoothHID stuff and an LS (LittleSnitch) issue, but I removed both of those kexts. It still hangs, so there is obviously some issue between the F7c bios and one of the drivers.

Anyone have a good way to figure out which of the kexts it might be? Is there some way to turn on way more verbosity during the boot to give me some clue as to what is hanging? Or is there a magic keystroke that would give me a kernel dump/trace at the point of the hang? Or do I really need to go through them one by one? I suppose if I knew the exact order they are loaded in it would be easier. Is there a list somewhere with that order?

Sounds like some kind of hardware problem to me. "A couple of blue screens" in Windows 7 seems abnormal even though it appears to you to be freezing less in Windows. Are you running your memory in XMP mode? If so try turning XMP profile off in the BIOS and see what happens.

EDIT:

You may not get many responses for help without your system specs in your profile! :)

From the forum rules:

Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back