GT 730
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i know this is a old pc and probably wont be able to do much but i was wondering what version of mac os is supported if any for my gateway gt5012 it has a Pentium d 2.8 GHz and Intel 82945g express chip set family

Attachments

• aDF.PNG
    aDF.PNG
    80.7 KB · Views: 53
  • AFD.PNG
    AFD.PNG
    51.7 KB · Views: 53
  • erg.PNG
    erg.PNG
    177.7 KB · Views: 56
i know this is a old pc and probably wont be able to do much but i was wondering what version of mac os is supported if any for my gateway gt5012 it has a Pentium d 2.8 GHz and Intel 82945g express chip set family
none, as Pentium Graphics is not supported

Back in early 2005 Macs were still using PPC chips and not Intel. This is much too old to even try.

Screen Shot 22.jpg

i know this is a stretch but if I was to get a graphics card for it would it have support (hd 4670)I'm not getting one specifically for mac os I'm just wanting to know if I could
The Radeon HD 4670 was an entry-level graphics card by ATI, launched on September 10th, 2008.

Much too old to work with any recent macOS version. You'd want an AMD card from 2017 or newer.

You can install much newer macOS versions with acceptable performances if you replace Pentium D with a Core 2 Quad, but you still have to find a compatible graphics card. HD 4670 is questionable.

According to the specs and information on the web for your Gateway system, the CPU can't be upgraded. So you won't be able to run macOS on your old system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back